OT: UK to move back to imperial units?

Of course, then who can tell if they did not recruit him somewhere down the line. I have always wondered "where do they dig them up", perhaps they locate babblers and recruit them, who knows.

No person in the western world would even think to consider the Kremlin media being a news source, I suspect he has "discovered" his RT source < 5 years ago.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

My intuition agrees with him that the smaller the hole the more it will be diffusion limited as well. A few strategically places ones might be better. When they fill with solder paste that has to help.

Only way to be sure is do the experiment and measure the results.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

I can only conclude you failed to read the original document.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Not so. Yes most of it's junk, but now & then they get real when no-one else does. Russian news is its own weird world, but if you want to fully understand the world you can't afford to omit it.

The idea that anyone would actually trust RT news I do find disconcerting.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

On a sunny day (Wed, 31 Jul 2019 14:09:47 +0300) it happened Dimiter_Popoff wrote in :

Bull rt.com is a news source, just like Fox TV, chinaplus.cri.cn cnn bbc

etc etc

All are in a way biased towards - and controlled by the countries that own those. That is why you should follow several, and not just your western propaganda to get an idea what other cultures do and see where other cultures are at.

One of the great things of having a movable satellite dish is, at least here in Europe, that I can see thousands of channels from many many cultures, Middle East, India, Africa, S America, Russia, China, most European countries and of course the British, and I can tell you that each television station is under their government control. So much for me in MY western world, dunno what locally made illusions you live in. Broaden your horizon.

Stop attacking Mr Doom he has a right to his POV just like you if you are sincere about your so called western freedoms that are as much an illusion in reality a the twittering of the US Precedent alias Agent Orange,

What is that western freedom? On Germany ARD TV tonight there is a documentary about Woodstock at 22:45 CET.

Peaceful protest from 50 years ago... some may remember.

Maybe I will record it, now I wrote about it, maybe some songs in it I no longer have. Setting timer.. wow >90 minutes length!

I still have some of the songs now on mp3, remember it like yesterday /mnt/sda2/audio/other/woodstock # suite-judy_blue_eyes-crosby_stills_nash_young wooden_ships-crosby_stills_nash_young sea_of_madness-crosby_stills_nash_young i_had_a_dream-john_b_sebastian at_the_hop-sha-na-na ... had the record too once, donated it I think.

'dunno what are we fighting for, going to Vietnam....

those days, youth revolt, some later US politician was there I think, Maybe 'merrica needs more of THAT freedom and not that Agent Orange crap babble. BROADEN your horizons, travel the world, see other cultures, get some perspective. rt.com is a good way to start, as well are many others. There is more than just saturated inductors.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

So if you get boards with 1 oz copper, I thought I read that the they start out as 1/2 oz copper and are then plated on top of that to get to 1 oz. (Though when I've measured this (once) I found that the top and bottom layers of a pcb were thicker than 1 oz... 35 um.) So I thought at most via's would be 1/2 oz of copper. But I don't really know.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

This from the guy regularly suggesting filtering of posters in the group. Hypocrite much? Oh... more like FOOLy understand.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jan Panteltje wrote in news:qhs5nn$jjg$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Total bullshit.

But hey... you are "free" to post it. We are just "free" to call it the bullshit claim it is.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

There are lots of PTH section images online, like this one:

The plating generally looks uniform, a bit thinner than the surface traces. Phil says that the conductivity of plated copper is inferior to pure copper.

The e-field must be about zero deep inside the hole.

I could measure electrical resistivity as a proxy for thermal conductivity. The conversion factor is usually about 150,000 K/W per ohm.

lunatic fringe electronics

Nice pic. Typically aren't the inner layers 1/2 oz... It looks like the hole has about the same thickness as the inner layers.. maybe a bit more.

If you get 2 oz copper on the outer layers, do they do that by plating up from 1/2 oz? That would make the copper on the PTH's thicker too.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

George Herold wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

disadvantages.html

Fuck Copper. Use ENIG.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

First, there are different types/grades of bias. It is one thing to set the agenda by selecting what will go into the news and another to distort the news and publish outright lies. The BBC do only the former, Russian controlled media do the latter all the time, especially via their troll farms. And the British media must provide impartiality, such is the law there. Not sure how much good it does, but I have yet to see someone beat them in that.

You forget that I grew up in communistic Bulgaria. "Defected" 1988 when I was 33. So I have had Russian "news" and films etc. for several lifetimes ahead, you can't catch up to 5% of that even if you watch Russian channels all day. Many of the books (I grew up on books, we had no TV at home) I could get were only in Russian; even Russians visiting Sofia would go to the Russian bookshop in our neighbourhood to get books they had no chance of finding at home.... (propaganda first as ever). As for China and India I do not even try to understand the cultures. We have had some sales to India, I was not taken by any surprise during the contacts (but I do have a wide ranging experience contacting various types of cultures). We have had no sales to China.

Well Mr. Orange would have not seen any of the White house without the help of the Russian troll machine. It was very marginal, remember? And the US authorities now are between a rock and a hard place - what do they do, admit that the Russians helped put him in office or let the enemy stay in office.... The latter seems easier to mitigate against so this is what they do.

I have nothing personal against any Russian troll. Just against those who enroll and use them against what I deem my best interests.

Dimiter

====================================================== Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

So convenient. What could possibly go wrong? The fact that we are moving to a situation where all knowledge is being made available freely online is leading more and more people to junk their physical books for the convenience offered by online sources. People are dumping their old reference books, sets of encyclopedias and whatnot in landfill. And that's where you'll find me: up to my arse in those landfill sites rescuing all those old books in preparation for the day when online historical sources are re-written to suit the liars who would enslave the human race. Here's a not so secret secret: they've

*already* been doing this for years.
Cursitor Doom

Isn't the nickle plated over the copper? I assume the copper is still carrying the current and heat.

Say are ENIG boards magnetic at all?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

We can but hope.

- Chris, England.

Reply to
Chris

Er, that's why the likes of Robertson, Sloman, bitrex and the rest of them just want to ban dissenting opinions: they have no better argument and when one has no better argument, the obvious "solution" is to ban the dissent. I think these three hapless prize chumps would be better off in China or N. Korea and certainly feel more at home there; so what's keeping them from going? Seems like an obvious win-win to me.

Cursitor Doom

acy of a slide rule by taking a bit longer to see the best mental shortcut.

10%.
--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

I have a book about electronic thermals, all in BTUs and feet and degrees F and pounds. Thermal conductivity is (sometimes) given in BTU/(hr degF ft^2).

Useless.

I have aerospace customers who design jet engines in Imperial units!

Terrifying.

lunatic fringe electronics

What's the problem eInk is not the solution to?

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

That is purely a personal preference. I can't seem to get the font adjustment to work on the books I have. They are printed a type size that seems to get smaller as I get older. How does the book know how old the reader is?