OT: UK to move back to imperial units?

UK to move back to imperial units?

Now all we need is Pi = 3 (or 4) How very sad when clueless politicians dictate science, hope UK leaves EU today.

Absolutely unacceptable, and shows the ongoing chaos, got to be a sign of an IQ equal to apes. Ask yourself what is the future for UK now, this sort of dictatorship seems unacceptable to any sane person, those lot are hopefully still a majority in the UK. I am not pleased to learn about this folly.

duh

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Uh-oh! I think that's one of his banned words you just used there, Jan! :)

But seriously, this is the Guardian, which is hell-bent on getting Brexit reversed at all costs. Guardian=BBC=CNN=MSNBC; they're all in the same bracket when it comes to fake news. So you can take this article with a pinch of salt; it's just an unfunny joke.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

They seem really desperate to find ways to distract as larger part of the public as possible from the ongoing brexit nonsense. Imperial units, "we are an emprie", LOL. Then these tanker conflicts etc., it will be interesting to watch if/how they are going to get it their way. Johnson at no 10 wants to look as ballsy as he can, too bad he is not as brainy as necessary.... I expect things in the UK to literally fall apart - to the delight of the Kremlin.

Dimiter

====================================================== Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

Looks that way.

Serious people are seriously suggesting the UK will breakup if there is a hard brexit.

I'm sure CD and his paymasters will be delighted.

Even two years ago I could only get odds of 2:1 that the UK would exist in 15 years time. I wouldn't get odds that good now.

BTW, it is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". Presumably if N Ireland does a "reunification" with Eire, all domain names will have to be registered as .gb If Scotland splits away, I suppose it would be .ew, which seems appropriate.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Here's the full text...

To combat a shocking decline in standards, all but myself must obey the following rules. I shall not be bound by them, as evidenced in my recent excellently-writted, well-received and best selling book, ?Eminent Victorian?s?.

Do not use the Metric System. Or any other French invention, including pasteurisation, mayonnaise or aspirin. Use good, honest British alternatives or, better still, do without. Show some pluck!

Do not use decimal currency. Pounds, shillings and pence will suffice, but florins and groats for preference.

Terms of address. Untitled men are ?Esquire?, after the totally most excellent example set by our colonial cousin Mr. Bill S. Preston, Esq, of California.

Unmarried women are ?spinster of the parish?. Correspondence to married women should be addressed to their husband.

Use multiple spaces after a full stop. The more white space you can leave the better, in order to camouflage the lack of meaningful content.

FACT-CHECK YOUR WORK. If you find any, remove them immediately.

Certain words and phrases are strictly forbidden in communications, including

?I understand your concerns? ? I have never understood anyone?s concerns and I do not propose to start now.

?Get?, as in ?Can I get a coffee?? ? I would immediately sack any member of the cast of Friends, and I will do the same to you if you speak like them.

?Friends? ? I watched it once. Awful moving daguerreotype ?programme?. Do not mention it.

?Hopefully? ? There shall be no hope during my tenure.

?Unacceptable? ? Nothing is forbidden, everything is acceptable. This applies only to the actions of the Prime Minister.

?Equal? ? Equality has no place in our administration.

?Disappointment? ? this will go without saying.

?Flaps? ? Can people please stop saying this to me? I do not understand it but makes me feel funny.

Source, since people like attribution:

Tom Gardner

Also, a disdain for mint sauce can result in the revocation of British citizenship and if a guy doesn't like Extra Special Bitter that shows lack of pluck so he gets his man card pulled.

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

For either of those offenses, that penalty would be justified :)

As for the rest,

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Even worse than fake news: predictable news.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Predictable using hindsight, yeah. Demonstrate how you predicted this piece of news, LOL.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Or rational opinion, depending on your point of view. Cursitor Doom only fancies "news" which has been faked to fit his bizarre worldview.

As if Cursitor Doom wasn't a joke in the worst of taste, in the same sort of half-baked Punch and Judy tradition as Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

This would also solve the N.I. border issues.

The independent Scotland could then join the Northern Council and then apply for EU and possibly Euro membership.

Reply to
upsidedown

They all report the same events. Very unkind.

Where's a sensation-seeking nitwit going to get his excitement?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

CD is probably half-German already! Maybe the English should try re-uniting with Germany. Cadwch Cymru yn lan. Danfonwch y sbwriel i Loegr!

Reply to
bitrex

Don't understand why anyone would take a nice piece of lamb and ruin it by putting that toothpaste all over it. That was the last main course served on the Titanic! look what happened to them!

Reply to
bitrex

If you must use mint on lamb you could do this:

I'd prefer a firey habanero pepper sauce but cilantro and mint makes a pretty good team

Reply to
bitrex

Precisely.

They would be welcomed, as E Germany was. It would also serve to demonstrate "better in than out".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

We are currently ruled by the re-branded "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha" family.

One of the new generation will be known as Battenburg^HHHHHHHHHH Mountbatten.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That's a 404 here, which illustrates good judgement somewhere.

I'm not overfond of capsaicin, but I like it in small amounts. But it would totally dominate the flavour of good well-hung lamb.

OTOH, mint is a pleasing aroma, and the vinegar cuts through the fattiness of the best lamb.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Next you're going to say you don't like marmite. Sigh.

If it tastes sweet or like toothpaste, then it ain't mint sauce.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Including guineas, pounds, shillings and pence?

--

-TV
Reply to