How to Connect two Ethernet PHY ICs Back to back

Hi all,

I want the design guide lines on " Connecting two Gigabit PHYs(IP1001 IC from IC+ Corporation) back to back. i.e. Conencting the MAC side interface of the ICs together and connecting the Analog Interface to two RJ45 ports through magnetics". I am trying to make a 1000Mbps ethernet repeater in this manner. My doubt is whether we can do like this? If so I want the conenction guide lines for achieving this..

Thanks in advance.. Siddareddy

Reply to
siddu

Connect two back to back... do you mean a crossover cable?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Oh, wait, gigabit crossover cables are a little different.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

If i read OP correctly the desired tech in the inside out of that, a pair of Phy back to back, perhaps with some glue logic. "Repeater"

Reply to
JosephKK