RF power MOSFETs

Speaking of RF power MOSFETs, What are the highest frequencies available, and what are the highest power levels available (at lower frequencies).

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

On a sunny day (26 Jul 2019 19:24:01 -0700) it happened Winfield Hill wrote in :

I dunno, but I am into reading these threads:

Jan Panteltje

Modern microwave ovens? I've seen 300-watt 2.5GHz driver boxes, but not able to open them up. What band are "5G" transmitter towers emitting? I doubt it's klystron finals.

Reply to
Bill Beaty

Looking at the macom website...

5MHz to 1GHz Min 5W Max 600W

Martin Riddle

The 5G frequencies in use are similar to 4G frequencies, i,e, a few GHz. Have they even decided what modulation to use at 5G mmWave (28+ GHz). ?Last time I looked, COFDM was the favorite.

Why would a base station need huge transmission power, especially when the cells become smaller and smaller.

For symmetric up/down speeds, such as telephony, the base station power should be similar to the handset power to have equal reach in both directions. When a base station serves a few dozen simultaneous users, the base station power only needs to be 15 to 29 dB stronger than an individual handset.

For asymmetric data rates(highher download speeds), it is advantageous to increase the base station power with a few dB. But since the cell sizes are dropping significantly, the required power is not very high.

Reply to
upsidedown

I believe NXP have some rated for 1800W

Reply to