Boris Johnson

I just read this morning that he was going to the hospital but was "still w orking". Now they say he is in the ICU. I hope he can get a ventilator if he needs one. What if they run out just before they make that decision?

Now I know what Jared Kushner meant when he said the federal stockpile of v entilators was "our stockpile", not for the states. What else is there in this country but the states? Oh, yeah, there are 50 states, Washington, D. C., a few territories and the Trump dynasty. So the federal stockpile of m edical equipment is for the Trump dynasty.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

working". Now they say he is in the ICU. I hope he can get a ventilator if he needs one. What if they run out just before they make that decision?

ventilators was "our stockpile", not for the states. What else is there i n this country but the states? Oh, yeah, there are 50 states, Washington, D.C., a few territories and the Trump dynasty. So the federal stockpile of medical equipment is for the Trump dynasty.

The ventilator is not a cure. about 40% of the people die, it may be more o r less for his age range and health status. Being placed in ICU is not a go od sign. One characteristic of this disease is that the end stage symptoms come on really fast, as in hours.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

working". Now they say he is in the ICU. I hope he can get a ventilator if he needs one. What if they run out just before they make that decision?

ventilators was "our stockpile", not for the states. What else is there i n this country but the states? Oh, yeah, there are 50 states, Washington, D.C., a few territories and the Trump dynasty. So the federal stockpile of medical equipment is for the Trump dynasty.

He did say "our" but he NEVER said "not the states." "Our" refers to the Un ited States of America, not an individual or even a governor's. Just more l ibtard Trump bashing.

Reply to
Flyguy

ll working". Now they say he is in the ICU. I hope he can get a ventilato r if he needs one. What if they run out just before they make that decisio n?

of ventilators was "our stockpile", not for the states. What else is there in this country but the states? Oh, yeah, there are 50 states, Washington , D.C., a few territories and the Trump dynasty. So the federal stockpile of medical equipment is for the Trump dynasty.

United States of America, not an individual or even a governor's. Just more libtard Trump bashing.

Have you ever looked up an item yourself rather than requiring everyone els e to do your work. At the moment it's hard to visit a web page without fin ding a reference to Jared Kushner making a fool of himself with this quote. ..

"The notion of the federal stockpile is that it's supposed to be our stockp ile. It's not supposed to be states' stockpiles that they then use."

That couldn't be any more clear. It was in response to data showing reques ts from the states to release material from the stockpile to the states was reasonable based on the need. Sounds lot like a "NO" to me.

I know this won't make any difference to you. You will still work hard to spin it to suit your tastes. But I like making you work. I expect you can use the exercise.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

He'll get one, even at the cost of someone else not getting one.Right now, we probably have enough.My old company is contracted (as part of a consortium) to build 15,000 ventilators ona 24/7 shift basis...Oxygen supplies are getting short too.. No O2, no ventilation... Just read about some statistics re black americans... 70% deaths yet only 14% of population ( specific areas, and don't quote me on the figures I just quote them as 'representative ish..)

TTman

The problem with black Americans is the high levels of obesity and diabetes and other preconditions that make getting any virus more dangerous. The ratios are not as bad as you suggested, but there is a high level of C19 morbidity in places with high african-descent populations.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Lack of adequate health care may be a factor too...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

working". Now they say he is in the ICU. I hope he can get a ventilator if he needs one. What if they run out just before they make that decision?

And here again is yet another prime example of the shallow, often non-exist ent, depths of Ricky's cognitive reasoning skills and abilities.

Boris Johnson tweets that he's working and feeling fine. Then he's admitted the hospital. OMG! I hope they don't run out of ventilators!!

WTF:? Did it ever occur to you that maybe (yes, "maybe") Boris is in ICU because he's privileged and patients get the best "round-the-clock" care in the ICU ? Maybe he's in ICU out of an "abundance of caution". (After all, what hospital wants the reputation of being the one that killed the British Prim e Minister?)

Now, before you bloviate "Oh no!! ICU Beds are scarce and only for the "wo rst of the worst". Or, it's against insurance laws to give ICU beds away l ike that, or whatever. Get real....

The last time my Mom was in the hospital, she was placed in ICU. She was NOT an ICU candidate patient. She was however the former Director of Nursing for that hospital (for many, many years), and I'm certain that h er friends, former colleagues, and hospital senior executive management mov ed her there because that was where the truly excellent healthcare was prov ided.

Then again... I don't know... Boris may already be dead.

But to leap to a panic about running out of ventilators for Boris?? Wow.

Reply to
mpm

ll working". Now they say he is in the ICU. I hope he can get a ventilato r if he needs one. What if they run out just before they make that decisio n?

stent, depths of Ricky's cognitive reasoning skills and abilities.

e he's privileged and patients get the best "round-the-clock" care in the I CU? Maybe he's in ICU out of an "abundance of caution". (After all, wha t hospital wants the reputation of being the one that killed the British Pr ime Minister?)

worst of the worst". Or, it's against insurance laws to give ICU beds away like that, or whatever. Get real....

r of Nursing for that hospital (for many, many years), and I'm certain that her friends, former colleagues, and hospital senior executive management m oved her there because that was where the truly excellent healthcare was pr ovided.

Not sure which of my posts worked you into a lather. But you seem to be ve nting all over the place. Why not take a deep breath and try to relax. I' m just some guy on the internet who shows you many of the ways you are wron g about things. That's all. No big deal.

Somehow I seem to have the same effect on Larkin. He can't bring himself t o even read my posts anymore. But then he is used to being shown how he is wrong, so it doesn't actually upset him. He just ignores all the people s howing him how wrong he is and continues being wrong.

--

  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricky C

venting all over the place. Why not take a deep breath and try to relax. I'm just some guy on the internet who shows you many of the ways you are wr ong about things. That's all. No big deal.

You are crazy and deluded. You have yet to show me one thing I have been wrong about.

You think I am wrong because you have a reading comprehension issue. It is all in YOUR head.

I can dumb it down for you though. No big deal. Just a little extra typing on my part.

No big deal.

Reply to
mpm

e venting all over the place. Why not take a deep breath and try to relax. I'm just some guy on the internet who shows you many of the ways you are wrong about things. That's all. No big deal.

You could have replied to the posts where I explained things to you quite c learly. Instead you jump into unrelated threads so you can ignore my posts but still criticize me.

Why can't we just have a discussion of the facts? I mean the sort of facts you find other than on Hannity. I don't mind explaining why the stuff you hear is mostly nonsense, but after the first round it isn't much fun to co ntinue to have to convince you when the facts have already been laid out fo r you.

Why do you need to resort to raw, direct insults rather than discussing the facts?

I may be a bit more direct with my explanation of the facts as some would l ike to see, but they are still facts and can't be denied. Well, I guess an ything can be denied.

--

  Rick C.

  --+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricky C

ll working". Now they say he is in the ICU. I hope he can get a ventilato r if he needs one. What if they run out just before they make that decisio n?

stent, depths of Ricky's cognitive reasoning skills and abilities.

e he's privileged and patients get the best "round-the-clock" care in the I CU?

Actually he is in an ICU because he needs oxygen. He wouldn't have got into an ICU simply because he got his secondary eductaion at Eton and his unive rsity education at Balliol. Once he needed oxygen these facts would have he lped him get in.

That won't come into action until there is something to be cautious about.

led the British Prime Minister?)

Getting a reputation as being a bunch of obsequious toadies isn't sought af ter either.

worst of the worst". Or, it's against insurance laws to give ICU beds away like that, or whatever. Get real....

r of Nursing for that hospital (for many, many years), and I'm certain that her friends, former colleagues, and hospital senior executive management m oved her there because that was where the truly excellent healthcare was pr ovided.

It's what you are doing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

be venting all over the place. Why not take a deep breath and try to rela x. I'm just some guy on the internet who shows you many of the ways you ar e wrong about things. That's all. No big deal.

clearly. Instead you jump into unrelated threads so you can ignore my pos ts but still criticize me.

Two reasons:

1) Nothing is a fact to you unless you happen to already agree with it. 2) You wouldn't actually recognize a fact even if it somehow got lodged in your ass requiring invasive surgery for extraction.

See: Exactly THAT. I NEVER claimed any text in that entire post was factual. Not once. But you are somehow convinced that I did. See #2 above.

Your every reference to it since has been couched as my outlining some long series of "facts" that you think are wrong and don't agree with. Only pro blem: They weren't presented as facts. There is literally no basis for you to make statements like "I mean, the sort of facts you find other than on Hannity."

It's really sweet of you to think that I need explanations - that I'm someh ow too stupid and slow to know what's nonsense and what isn't. But the tru th is I don't require your assistance, and it's frankly rude and condescend ing of you to CONTINUOUSLY suggest otherwise - not just to me, but to every body here. The Google-fueled patronizing superiority rolls off your keyboa rd so effortlessly that you don't even realize you're doing it.

e >you when the facts have already been laid out for you.

Again, I don't need, or even more succinctly, want, YOUR so-called facts "l aid out" for me like I'm some kind of child or dumbass. It's your constant supercilious attitude that's annoying. I can smell a fact from bullshit j ust as well as you - maybe even more so. As such, I seriously doubt your c ontinued unsolicited tutelage in that regard will yield anything remotely b reathtaking.

he facts?

See #2, above. I'm happy to discuss (actual) facts (or even opinions not presented as irre futable facts), once you gain some ability to distinguish them from whateve r it is swirling around inside your head. (And note importantly, I don't c laim to know what that swirling might be. I suspect a good dose of insecur ity, but I could be wrong about that. It could be that you're just a poor communicator.)

It used to be a FACT that smoking was good for you. It used to be a FACT that Pluto was a planet. Many people believe it is a FACT that bananas grow on trees.

Supporting "evidence" for all of the above incorrect notions litter the int ernet.

Want to get along?

Try to cut back some on at least some of the condescension, and LISTEN to w hat people say, rather than immediately engage in ad hominem attacks when i t doesn't precisely pattern match your own thoughts and opinions. In shor t, you can disagree without being disagreeable. You don't have to tear eve ryone down.

Reply to
mpm

Everyone needs Oxygen, Bill. :)

No argument there!

Reply to
mpm

[...]

the facts?

refutable facts), once you gain some ability to distinguish them from whate ver it is swirling around inside your head. (And note importantly, I don't claim to know what that swirling might be. I suspect a good dose of insec urity, but I could be wrong about that. It could be that you're just a poo r communicator.)

ld >like to see, but they are still facts and can't be denied. Well, I gue ss >anything can be denied.

nternet.

what people say, rather than immediately engage in ad hominem attacks when it doesn't precisely pattern match your own thoughts and opinions. In sh ort, you can disagree without being disagreeable. You don't have to tear e veryone down.

This is exactly the sort of post I would go through and debunk item by item . But you seem to think I would simply be disagreeing on what are facts. Sorry, facts are facts. Your bizarre discourse on cigarettes, Pluto and ba nanas aside.

We can either discuss the facts, real facts, not crap spewed by Dr. Oz, or you can just continue ranting behind your drawn blinds.

You resent my explaining things to you, but you clearly don't understand mu ch of what you post about. The whole thing with hearing about a quack doct or on Hannity is exactly the sort of thing that has to be explained to you in extreme detail or you consider it to have some veracity. Even now, rath er than learn from the info I and *others* have provided, you choose to be argumentative instead of being willing to discuss it in a reasonable manner .

So do you still consider Dr. Oz to be a useful and accurate source of infor mation?

There are any number of potential treatments for this virus. Hydroxychloro quine is one of them. So far there have been nothing provided to indicate that it is a useful drug for treating this coronavirus other than poorly co nstructed reports that don't even qualify as "studies". It has been tested against other, similar viruses and found to not be effective. It has know n safety issues which can be magnified by the patients condition in a serio us illness like this.

Studies are being done by experienced researchers on Hydroxychloroquine as well as many other drugs. We will find out if they have any value in treat ing this disease. Dr. Oz has nothing to do with it other than promoting hi s books.

--

  Rick C.

  -+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricky C

You may not be a child, but you aren't all that clever.

But justified.

Or so you think.

Of course you don't.

It used to be a medical opinion. When somebody bothered to test it, it proved to be a false and misleading opinion.

It's certainly true that Pluto was called a planet, before the definition of what constituted a planet was refined (and changed in the process).

"The banana plant is the largest herbaceous flowering plant"."Plants are normally tall and fairly sturdy, and are often mistaken for trees, but what appears to be a trunk is actually a "false stem" or pseudostem."

Again, it is a question of definition.

There's quite a lot of imprecise use of words. You've just exhibited some more of it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

cause he's privileged and patients get the best "round-the-clock" care in t he ICU?

Everybody needs air, which mostly contains enough oxygen to do the job.

Boris Johnson needs to inhale a gas mixture which contains rather more oxyg en.

Somebody with more sense than you would have understood that that was the m essage I was trying to convey. I've now wasted a certain amount of time and bandwidth to point out that you wasted time and bandwidth on ignoring the obvious. It's not entirely a waste of my time because it does help labellin g you as stupid.

ucation at Eton and his university education at Balliol. Once he needed oxy gen these facts would have helped him get in.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

because he's privileged and patients get the best "round-the-clock" care in the ICU?

You missed this mistake?! I can't believe you didn't avail yourself of the opportunity to peacock.

Somewhere along the line I got the notion that the names of elements were p roper nouns requiring capitalization, but that is not the case. "My bad." :)

ygen.

message I was trying to convey. I've now wasted a certain amount of time a nd bandwidth to point out that you wasted time and bandwidth on ignoring th e obvious. It's not entirely a waste of my time because it does help labell ing you as stupid.

Your time is wasted because it has not achieved its objective. You can keep trying, though.

BTW: Top three Google search results just now for "Is Boris Johnson on a ventila tor?"

Answer = NO.

Answer = NO.

Answer = NO.

Thus, no basis for Ricky C's earlier panic about ventilator shortages in Bo ris's ICU. (...which was the original thrust of the reply)

One of the above articles mentions that (thus far) Boris has only required about one-forth of the oxygen typically administered to ICU patients, and t hat he was in "stable" condition and good spirits. All of which combined d oes tend to support my earlier assertion that Boris may be in the ICU more out of that "abundance of caution" thing, and not exclusively based on actu al need. Which, admittedly is still just conjecture on my part.

Reply to
mpm

U because he's privileged and patients get the best "round-the-clock" care in the ICU?

Germans capitalise all proper nouns. It's more of a stylistic convention th an anything else, and it doesn't confuse anybody.

Your predictive powers aren't impressive.

proper nouns requiring capitalization, but that is not the case. "My bad. " :)

oxygen.

he message I was trying to convey. I've now wasted a certain amount of time and bandwidth to point out that you wasted time and bandwidth on ignoring the obvious. It's not entirely a waste of my time because it does help labe lling you as stupid.

You may like to think so.

I really don't have to bother. You do a perfectly adequate job of making th e point on your own.

lator?"

Boris's ICU. (...which was the original thrust of the reply)

d about one-forth of the oxygen typically administered to ICU patients, and that he was in "stable" condition and good spirits. All of which combined does tend to support my earlier assertion that Boris may be in the ICU mor e out of that "abundance of caution" thing, and not exclusively based on ac tual need. Which, admittedly is still just conjecture on my part.

And a complete waste of time. Who cares? He needs some extra oxygen and he is getting it. If his lungs go further downhill, he may need more - people frequently do - and he could get it quicker if he was already in the ICU.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

3M's bulk capacity to produce medical paper products is in China. These Chinese plants were recently caught redirecting shipments for their European customers to the States. What do you call that?

I don't know where they get THAT pulp from - I expect that they couldn't care less.

RL

Reply to
legg