Tingles from power supply - Page 9

Re: Tingles from power supply

 I wonder what part of NO RISK, the retarded donkey was having trouble
comprehending.

 He does seem to have trouble with the word NO.

  As in NO person on the planet would have anything to do with the piss
poor amplifier he keeps patting himself on the back about.

  And NO person in their right mind in a free society would sympathize
with Islamic Extremists, yet the retarded donkey does just that.

Re: Tingles from power supply
That's not even a correct quote from "an15" from which I quoted !

Just go away little boy !!!!  It's time for a nym change anyway ! ! !

--
VWW

Re: Tingles from power supply

 It was a DIRECT quote from YOUR post, which YOU claimed was a quote from
it, you retarded little motherless bastard!

Re: Tingles from power supply

That would be funny. I wonder what he'd come up with next.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:49:39 +0000, Eeyore

  Donkey killer or something similar.

Re: Tingles from power supply

Pscho killer, qu'est que c'est ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho_Killer

I canít seem to face up to the facts.
Iím tense and nervous and I... canít relax.
I canít sleep, cause my bedís on fire.
Donít touch me Iím a real live wire.

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run run away
OH OH OH

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run run away
OH OH OH
AY AY AY AY AY WOO

You start a conversation you can't even finish it.
You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything.
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
Say something once, why say it again?

Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run run away
OH OH OH

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run run away
OH OH OH OH
AY AY AY AY

Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir-lŗ
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir-lŗ
Rťalisant mon espoir
Je me lance vers la gloire ... okay
YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite

Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run run away
OH OH OH

Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run run away
OH OH OH OH
AY AY AY AY OOOH

Hey hey hey ha

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:50:20 +0000, Eeyore

  Lyrics posting?

 You are more retarded than Roy is, boy.

Re: Tingles from power supply

I don't recall commenting on RISK personally. IEC evaluate and do that for
us.

Which of the 5 series of power amplifiers I've designed would that one be.
The MOSFET one ? Despite its age it's due to be auditioned by some 'skilled
mixing ears' some time soon.

I have NO sympathy with ANY religious extremist of whatever religion.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:44:55 +0000, Eeyore

  NO RISK OF SHOCK, idiot.

  You remarked about how there CAN be a shock.

  Make up your mind, Mr. Riskless.

Re: Tingles from power supply

Of course there can be a shock if you touch the mains pins immediately after
withdrawing the wart. As Sylvia did as a little experiment.

There's no 'make my mind up' about it. It's obvious. That's why the maximum
charge is specified ( for safety ) along with time constants to remove the
voltage by IEC.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply

The only RISK is that it might hurt a bit.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:44:55 +0000, Eeyore

  Oh, then it was simply a US hating thing, just like everyone pegged you
to be.

  Basically equates to the same thing.  You provide and stimulate
negative propaganda, and fester what already exists, and that's a fact,
Jack.

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:44:55 +0000, Eeyore

Feh.  You irritate me here.  They evaluate existing knowledge and
experience and set standards that we may venture beyond at personal
liability risk.  Same with UL and many other safety standards.   BTW
UL standards, like many others, are being harmonised with IEC
standards.  In my lifetime i expect UL and ANSI and CSA to be no more
than the locals of standards.

Re: Tingles from power supply

Generally they do have good reasons for what they advise.

It's already happened with UL1950 which is based on IEC60950. Key differences
include the use of American units instead of metric.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply

You got it.

I wonder if that was an accidental fit. I've seen reels with the occasional
wrong value
on them but to get a varistor in place of a cap would be very odd. How did it
pass Q/C ?

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply

I can't really see how that could be relevant. If the device's low
voltage side was completely isolated (which I've now learned it isn't),
then changing the mains pins around wouldn't make any difference.

Australia's power plugs cannot be reversed, even if they're only two
prong. The sockets look like these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wall_wart.jpg

Sylvia.

Re: Tingles from power supply

True, Sylvia, but GPOs (general power outlets) are often wired wrongly, both
by do it yourself  illegal wirers (encouraged by SC alas) *and* licenced
electricians (proves one of SC's arguments!)

Re: Tingles from power supply

Yes, I remember an instance when I was working in an office in the UK. I
noticed that my electric kettle's neon light stayed on even when the
mains power point switch was off. Clearly the powerpoint was wired up
the wrong way round.

A supposedly qualified electrician showed up, and proceeded to try to
fix things without disconnecting the power. A shower of sparks and a
ruined screwdriver later, he conceded that it probably wasn't the best
approach.

The fact that the wiring was not colour coded was a clear indicator of
the source of the problem.

Sylvia.

Re: Tingles from power supply

If it wasn't colour coded, then it was a serious breach of the regulations.

Any chance some 'office idiot' wired that socket ? The IEE regs here are great
and
SENSIBLE. Electrical problems are seen as a once in a lifetime oddity. Electrical
fires for example are all but unknown.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply

Well, you can never be sure of course, but this was in an office
building in central London, and the socket was one of a number along the
length of a wall. Seems unlikely to have been the work of someone who
just wanted a socket there.

Sylvia.

Site Timeline