Noisy Phone & Wireless Router

Uniden WDECT 2355 Cordless phone

NetGear Wireless Router DG834GU

NetGear WG511v2 PC Card

Am running the above, on my wireless network.

The phone is very noisy. Switch Router off noise goes.

Both are using 2.4GHz. Router was original on ch9.

Changed channels, made little difference.

Daughter has similar setup, and phone lives on top of router,

No noise.

Any help appreciated ...Ian

Reply to
Ian_

buy a 3.8 phone

Reply to
atec 7 7

I doubt it is RF interference between your ADSL wireless router and the cordless phone. Your ADSL filter may be faulty. If you have a security system you should have an ADSL central splitter installed somewhere in your telephone line. If no security system then there should be an ADSL in-line filter installed between the telephone line input on you cordless base station. Sometimes these filters can go faulty but doesn't stop either the phone or ADSL from working. In some cases, one filter isn't enough to eliminate the ADSL signal from making it into the cordless phone's base station. Try cascading 2 filters. Also some filters don't work properly if connected the wrong way round. Make sure the LINE side is connected to the telephone line and the PHONE side connected to the cordless telephone bas station.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:12:19 +0800, "Alan Rutlidge" ADSL from working.

My old uniden phone needed 2 filters in series.

Reply to
The Real Andy

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:12:19 +0800, "Alan Rutlidge" ADSL from working.

The kitchen phone is where the line comes in off the street. From there it goes to where the PC is located along with wireless router and alarm. Have a 3 socket plate on wall. One for the router, one for alarm (if used) and one for phone lead from PC which I use for faxing.

Line continues and ends at Main bedroom where cordless base is located. Is it too complicated?

2 x filters @ around $25 to $30 each, soon adds up!

Thanks Alan for your help

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian_

[...]

$25-$30? Ouch! Shop around, you should be able to get them a lot cheaper than that:

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Price is not an indicator of usefulness , an example would be the adsl2 filter used by helstra which is close to that price retail and very effective , the dsl1 filter is cheap but obviously wont do the job as well.

Reply to
atec 7 7

All it is, is a fscking low-pass filter! How complicated does it need to be?

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Surprising as it is much more complicated than it should be .

Reply to
atec 7 7