Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dick Smith to close all stroes
** Hi, this is bad news for all staffers and creditors. .... Phil The founder of Dick Smith electronics says greed caused the business' downfall, as stores across Australia and New Zealand prepare to...
4
4

OT? firefox
Posted this where the experts are supposed to be but no answer(mozzilla support firefox) Any clues? Brother just Installed or updated Firefox, not sure which but he now gets, Firefox homepage change...
3
3

Should I
Should I stick this in the fire and see what happens?
29
29

Looking for battery
I am looking for a clp 3453150 p3 3.7v 2500mah Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery For a cheap ebook reader but the only place I can find it is alibaba minimum 1000 units. Any ideas? can find other...
34
34

microwave
I turned an empty microwave on for about 30 seconds. What is the potential damage I have caused?
17
17

David Bowie (tapes)
While looking through some tributes, I saw that the 1983 album Let's Dance was released on 8-track cartridge! I thought it had died out by then. Well, Bowie even released his 1969 second album on...
1
1

DVD picture doesn't fill the screen
when I played a DVD I hired I found that the picture would not fill the screen. (see photo) I tried another DVD player and got the same result. also the same on the PC. anyone know what is going on...
9
9

Freescale => NXP
Today I just happened to look at something on the Freescale web site, and I notice that the site is plastered with the NXP logo. Apparently a takeover of Freescale by NXP was completed a bit over a...

Dick Smith is the Greatest Private Equity Heist of All Time
Posted on 29 Oct 2015 by Matt Ryan Dick Smith is the Greatest Private Equity Heist of All Time Want to know how to turn $10m in to $520m in less than two years? Just ask Anchorage Capital. The private...
8
8

Samsung S7

Nonsense from Energy Australia
I'm moving house soon, and was arranging for an electricity supply at the new place. The consultant said that because a time-of-use meter is installed at the house, I'd have to accept a time-of-use...
6
6

Dick Smith
It's so sad to see this store go. It was a niche store where you knew you could pick some items that the big electrical stores didn't have. What's the bet some small privately owned electronics stores...
60
60

Dick Smith Electronics in administration.
This has nothing to do with Dick Smith, the man, of course. Once they tried to reinvent Dick Smith Electronics as a consumer electronics retailer, it seemed entirely likely that they'd go under sooner...
7
7

Peltier devices
Anyone know about peltier devices? Can you drive them at half voltage? I wish to make a container that is limited to between 18 and 20 centigrade and apparently they do not like to be cycled much for...
23
23

Bug zapper not zapping
How do you test the secondary coil (4KVA 6W). Air gapped coils iron core loop and the secondary is well coated in plastic covering, but easy access to the output. Basically limited to some modern...
16
16