Nonsense from Energy Australia

I'm moving house soon, and was arranging for an electricity supply at the new place.

The consultant said that because a time-of-use meter is installed at the house, I'd have to accept a time-of-use tariff.

Self-serving garbage - all they need to do is add the readings for the different periods together, and apply a non-time-of-use tariff to them.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Ombudsman time? If it were me, I'd spend the money and go off the grid (assuming the council doesnt have a problem with that).

Reply to
Jeßus

More trouble that it's worth. It's not a fixed term contract. Once I move in, I'll get the thing changed.

Going off grid where the grid is available is totally uneconomic, with or without time-of-use metering.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Oh okay, not quite so bad if you can have it changed later (for a substantial fee of course).

Yes, it's uneconomic in the short term, but at least you are no longer at the mercy of the energy suppliers. For some people the cost is a secondary concern, for most it's always going to be the priority. Each to their own.

Reply to
Jeßus

Whatever you do, if the place has an existing meter, photograph the readings at settlement date or they will try to charge you for previous use. They did with me and I had the devils own time fixing it as there is no way of visiting the supplier as in the past to show them a photo,ended up with the ombudsman and told him I had photos and he fixed it with the supplier.

Reply to
F Murtz

** You can email a JPEG to your supplier.

The date must be credible however.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Went through that and found ombudsman far easier option.

Reply to
F Murtz