Freescale => NXP

Today I just happened to look at something on the Freescale web site, and I
notice that the site is plastered with the NXP logo.

Apparently a takeover of Freescale by NXP was completed a bit over a month
ago. Since the takeover was in progress for around 9 months, I guess many of
you would know about it, but it was a surprise to me.

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember when Freescale was spun off from Motorola,
and when NXP  was created from a rib taken from Philips.

Site Timeline