USB DVB-T stick. Any recommendations?

I've got an August DVB-T205 Freeview TV receiver stick:

It's been working on my Pi using tvheadend (and XBMC) but now it's broken. It's definitely the stick beacause it doesn't work under Windows on another computer either, although it used to. I think being left switched on has caused some heat problems.

So. Has anybody got a receiver which a) works on Linux, preferably Raspbian and b) hasn't broken down in a month's use?

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

I've been running this one for about six months continuously:

It does have one quirk, if the Pi is rebooted without powering down it sometimes hangs a few minutes after restarting - if the Pi and stick are completely powered down and back up again there is no problem.

--
Dave
Reply to

Ive got a happauge win TV Nova-t I think. kernel recognises it fine. I run kaffeine to view and record programs. Kaffiene and Me-TV proved to be betterthan gnome or the VLC player for justwatching movies.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher