who makes frequency counters?

I'm looking for a couple of pretty good universal counters. This is nice,

but a tad expensive, especially if you get a decent timebase.

Who else makes counters these days? Any comments?

And it looks like Fluke is finally back into the benchtop DVM business. Anybody tried this one? I wonder if it's as good as the Keithley 2000.

John

If there is one thing you can get used on ebay or the flea market, it is a frequency counter. The only drawback is size. Newer means compact. I don't believe there have been any real advances in counters over the years. It is a very basic task.

Reply to
miso

SRS make a good one, but not at the cheap end:

The Rubidium version is flightfully expensive. It's actually much cheaper to get the SR620 & a seperate Rudibium standard than it is to get the SR625.

I'm running that HP one with an SR725 SRS Rubidium standard at the moment, very nice combination. The HP GPIB Excel software plug-in is a bit buggy, but great for automated measurements straight into Excel without mucking around.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Do you have an in house frequency standard, and Distribution Amplifier? I built a 1 in, 32 out DA for Microdyne for our GPS derived

10 MHz standard. I used National LH0002, but only because I had a card cage with eight boards with four chips per board. It made accurate measurements a lot easier when all the equipment that used an external reference were locked together. National (and others) have modern SMD buffer amps that would do a great job. If you look at the price of commercial DAs, you might want to add one to your product line.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

John is doing his year end equipment buying with company profits to get it on this year's tax. This is a slow week for business so great for buying equipment and reducing net income. Enjoy Harry

Reply to
Harry Dellamano