VCR Repair - JVC HR-S7600 Control Plate (UK model)

A part of the 'control plate' (described as such in manual) which is supposed to apply pressure to the tape guide levers to lock them in postion has broken off, resulting in lost tracking after cue/review/pause.

I have Googled for a UK supplier of JVC parts and while there are one or two which have quite a few parts for this video recorder, I can't find one which stocks the control plate. Can anyone recommend a dealer who can supply this please? I'm private, not trade.

Thanks in advance.

Morse

Reply to
Morse

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:53:32 -0000, "Morse" put finger to keyboard and composed:

What is the part number?

FWIW, WES Components have the following control plates and slide plates:

PQ43555C10 PQ44326A-3 PQ11658-1-15 PQ44581B LP10080-002E/F

Prices vary from AU$4.50 to AU$10.75.

This is the WES VCR parts catalogue:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc, thanks for your reply.

I don't have the exact manual for this model to check the p/n, but the mechanism seems virtually identical to the HR-S7500EK, and the part looks the same judging from the diagram (famous last words!)

The p/n is LP10080-002E according to the HR-S7500 manual.

I'd be happy with any of those prices you mentioned and more to get the thing working properly, it's been a superb machine and while I expect it won't get used much now that I have a HDD/DVD recorder, I have a lot of tapes I'd like to copy to DVD with it.

Reply to
Morse

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 04:46:24 -0000, "Morse" put finger to keyboard and composed:

WES's trade price is listed as AU$5.90.

If they won't deal with you as an overseas customer, I could order the part for you, but then you would have to pay AU$6.90 delivery to my address followed by the international postage charge to yours. That could amount to a total cost of around AU$23 or so.

If you are still interested, contact me via email.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc, that's very kind, thanks very much. I'll give it another few days of poking around for a UK supplier and if I draw a blank, I'd be grateful to accept your kind offer.

Regards,

Morse

Reply to
Morse