JVC HR-J200U VCR

Hello all:

Was wondering if anyone had a USER manual for the above model... I was given one which eats tapes... I don't really need another VCR but I DO need an input-switching RF modulator to run my DVD player to an old set with type F connector.

All of the functions on the remote appear to work, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to switch from the coax cable/antenna input to the RCA audio/video inputs on the back.

According to the JVC website, this model simply does not exist although there are plenty of online stores willing to sell me a replacement remote for it...

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If RF modulation is your objective, a tape eating VCR at a second hand store is almost free. JVC rca function is sometimes label AUX instead of line. Search the JVC sight by knocking of one letter or number at a time, not easy site to navigate.

Reply to
davidlaska

There is nothing in any of the on-screen menus which refers to input selection... and yes, I tried searching JVC minus a letter, came up with HR-J200A which is a a completely different unit, karaoke in fact!

Reply to
Dave

You've probably tried this but...

Change the VCR's tuner to channel 2 then press the channel down button. That works on many VCRs.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

I had a vcr and for the life of me, I could not find the EP/SP settings. So I bought the original factory remote ( the one that ships with the vcr) and still no luck, many months later I just press the remote button labled audio by accident and menu came up with ep/sp choises, The point is to try all functions no matter how remote (no pun intended) the chances it might be what you need.

Reply to
davidlaska

very good point

Reply to
davidlaska

By the way if you have those older handy cams, they come with a little rf modulater for rca audio and vidio to coax. All you need is a 5v DC source and the tip is positive on the jack.

Reply to
davidlaska

No, I hadn't tried that. And it worked. Thanks much.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Glad I could help.