need to fix multisystem vcr JVC HR-DD857MS

It's around 4 years old. The problem is as follows: You turn on the VCR and after 2 seconds it goes back to standby. It happens every time. I had the same problem 6 months ago, it lasted for a week, but it went away on its own. Now it came back again. So 2 questions:

  1. Does any know if this is easily fixable?
  2. Where can I find repair manuals or repair instructions for a VCR model?
Reply to
izavorin

saw one of these (forget which model but about that vintage) recently, owner was watching a tape, put it in pause and then it refused to come out of pause or do much else. possibly an inital mode switch problem, but when i looked at it without a cassette the mech was jammed up, would not go into tape thread mode...don't have a service manual so got no further. :-( deck looks like a philips turbo deck, all plastic junk

-B

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the tidbits. Is there a dealer (other than JVC itself) that would sell repair manuals -- for JVC as well as other brands?

Thanks,

Ilya

Reply to
izavorin