JVC VCR belts

Who sells a belt/tire kit is for a JVC hr-vp830u?

I find a few belts that x-ref to it, but maybe not all of them, and no wheels or tires.

Thanks.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Have you tried JVC Service Dept?

Reply to
BH

At

they sell remotes and cables and such. I didn't try calling them though.

MCM has some belts, but I think a rubber idler wheel might be the problem. I thought there would be a kit with the whole set.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

A long time ago there used to be an outfit called PRB - they carried all sorts of replacement belts and pulleys...but I think I remember seeing a post here that they were bought out by another company. Sorry, I can't remember the name.

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried rubber cleaner/reconditioner fluid?

Reply to
Mr. Land

They were bought by Russell industries.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Never heard of it actually. Thanks. Google finds rubber stamp cleaner (maybe the same?) and a guy who recommends GoJo hand cleaner. Do you know another product?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I have some stuff called Rubber Renew, it works pretty well.

Reply to
James Sweet

Don't waste time with 'rubber repairers'. if the rubber is on its way out, you're just putting off the inevitable. for a reliable fix replace the parts.

Molgar have them, as do (i think) SEME and CHS

fair point - I have successfully resurfaced rubber idler tyres and rollers, ( in vcrs, printers etc) often by just giving 'em a once-over with fine sandpaper or an emery board. On more serious cases , on especially hard-to-find parts (like idler drive 1960s record players) putting the part in a lathe to rotate it 'evenly' as you 'sand' it is a good way.

Anyway i digress - since we're talking belts here, I have found these to be far less likely to respond well over the long term to 'rejuvenation' - best to replace, they're generally far cheaper than idlers anyway

-b

Automotive brake fluid is a good rubber cleaner/conditioner. Wipe on, wait a day, rinse off excess.

Aged rubber will oxidize and crack, the conditioner won't always bring it back.

Reply to
whit3rd

Try here

GMAN