jvc hr-s9600

This machine shuts down after a few seconds, it threads in allright but goes in standby after that.

What could be the cause?

Herm.

Reply to
1

Faulty mode switch or no take up rotation, does it give an error code or does it still do it if you instantly put into pause? John.

Reply to
John

probably the gears on the dynamic drum head tilt assy that has split. you usually get a knocking noise as the worm tries to turn it. not available seperately however....

AW

goes

Reply to
JVC Dude

"John" schreef in bericht news:DPW3e.8667$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...

It gives no error code, mode switch, well i gues is allright, take up rotation is also allright, i cant go in pause mode, just switches off.

Herm.

Reply to
1

"JVC Dude" schreef in bericht news:42504d0e$0$27844$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...

Well, i think thats the prob, but no splitted gears, a slipping worm, however how can allign this assy??

Herm.

Reply to
1

Theres no explanation in the manuals on how to time these gears.!!! As I said before you can't buy them... only a complete head assembly which here

You can usually remove the motor/worm/pcb safely to check without upsetting the timing, however its not these gears that usually split, its the 2 drive gears up into the head assembly with metal shafts.

as to timing these 2 / 4 gears I've no info on that ! just pot luck really, since its a dynamic system as long as theres enough movement end-end it should be ok, since its the head 'envelope' that the electronics look at to check correct alignment.

Upon initial power on, the micro moves the motor/worm/blades back/forward to check that theres movement. only if this is ok will the unit come out of standby. Then if you need any other mode than play, ie shuttle /pause the motor moves again, counting pulses on th e photo interrupter. Since pause/slow-mo is a different movement to shuttle , whichever damaged gear jams, that will then cause an error to be detected - and shut down or stop occurs.

I have a customers machine (9500) sat here, which I need to arrange to somehow bypass these broken gears with.. (Thinking aloud...)Perhaps if the motor is allowed to spin whilst disconnected from the gears.....it would not detect an error..... still picture and shuttle picture wouldn't be perfect but at least record/play would work....

hope that helps

Andrew

you

Reply to
JVC Dude

"JVC Dude" bravely wrote to "All" (05 Apr 05 09:25:41) --- on the heady topic of "Re: jvc hr-s9600"

The simplest method to time these is to (with power plug pulled) remove the basket, then turn the loading mechanism by hand until the load arms would just stop retracting the tape. This is the STOP position. Then align all the gears so that the basket can be mounted in the down position. When the machine is then powered up it should reset itself to the tape eject position. This method should work in

99% of all machines.

A*s*i*m*o*v

JD> From: "JVC Dude" JD> Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:44983

JD> Theres no explanation in the manuals on how to time these gears.!!! As JD> I said before you can't buy them... only a complete head assembly which JD> here in the UK is #150 or so last time I checked. JD> You can usually remove the motor/worm/pcb safely to check without JD> upsetting the timing, however its not these gears that usually split, JD> its the 2 drive gears up into the head assembly with metal shafts.

JD> as to timing these 2 / 4 gears I've no info on that ! just pot JD> luck really, since its a dynamic system as long as theres enough JD> movement end-end it should be ok, since its the head 'envelope' that JD> the electronics look at to check correct alignment.

JD> Upon initial power on, the micro moves the motor/worm/blades JD> back/forward to check that theres movement. only if this is ok will JD> the unit come out of standby. Then if you need any other mode than JD> play, ie shuttle /pause the motor moves again, counting pulses on th JD> e photo interrupter. Since pause/slow-mo is a different movement to JD> shuttle , whichever damaged gear jams, that will then cause an error to JD> be detected - and shut down or stop occurs.

JD> I have a customers machine (9500) sat here, which I need to arrange to JD> somehow bypass these broken gears with.. JD> (Thinking aloud...)Perhaps if the motor is allowed to spin whilst JD> disconnected from the gears.....it would not detect an error..... JD> still picture and shuttle picture wouldn't be perfect but at least JD> record/play would work....

JD> hope that helps

JD> Andrew

... The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.

Reply to
Asimov

"JVC Dude" schreef in bericht news:42524b84$0$94554$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

Thanks Andrew,thanks a lot, however, i messed up the alligment real bad :(( and it's very difficult to get them right, i have a picture allright but nog optimal. Thanks.

Herm.

Reply to
1

"Asimov" schreef in bericht news:MSGID_1=3a167=2f133.0 snipped-for-privacy@fidonet.org...

This would discribe the threading alligment?? Correct me if i am wrong.

Herm.

Reply to
1

"1" bravely wrote to "All" (07 Apr 05 10:21:04) --- on the heady topic of "Re: jvc hr-s9600"

1> From: "1" 1> Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:45184 1> "Asimov" schreef in 1> bericht news:MSGID_1=3a167=2f133.0 snipped-for-privacy@fidonet.org... > "JVC Dude" bravely wrote to "All" (05 Apr 05 09:25:41) > --- on the heady topic of "Re: jvc hr-s9600" > > The simplest method to time these is to (with power plug pulled) > remove the basket, then turn the loading mechanism by hand until the > load arms would just stop retracting the tape. This is the STOP > position. Then align all the gears so that the basket can be mounted > in the down position. When the machine is then powered up it should > reset itself to the tape eject position. This method should work in > 99% of all machines. > > A*s*i*m*o*v > 1> This would discribe the threading alligment?? Correct me if i am 1> wrong.

Herm, alignment is relative to each vcr model. Some are simpler to reset the gears than others. Most have some sort of cam which controls the tape loading arms but which also relates to the basket gears. What often happens is the relationship between the tape load arms and basket position is accidentally upset for various reasons, i.e. jammed tape, forced loading or removal, broken parts, etc, resulting in slipped of skipped gears.

A*s*i*m*o*v

... []

Reply to
Asimov