USB Keyboard

I recently bought a USB keyboard to replace a PS/2 keyboard. I don't like it when the USB bus hangs and the keyboard is dead so I bought an adapter that plugs a USB keyboard to a PS/2 port. For some reason that does not work at all where a previous PS/2 keyboard worked just fine. What could be the problem?

--
Claude Hopper          :)

Reply to
Claude Hopper

The adaptor? Or perhaps the USB doesn't like the keyboard ('USB bus[sic] hangs and the keyboard is dead')? Sounds like you could have a bad keyboard....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

The problem is that a PS/2 keyboard has to be designed to work with a USB adapter; not all are. This is not true for PS/2 mice, almost all of which will work with a USB adapter.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck