Computer keyboard with Playstation?

Hi,

Do you think it's possible to get a PS/2 computer keyboard to work with a Playstation 2. Because I have an extra keyboard collecting dust, and I would like to try to make it work. I think the keyboard's chip has to be compatible though. I only got it to light up, is this connection right: ground-------------------+5 clock--------------------clock PS/2 Keyboard data---------------------data Playstation 2 USB +5-----------------------ground

Thanks.

Reply to
js5895

If that what you say as "Playstation 2 USB" is really an USB interface, the you definately got the pinout wrong.

The pinout of standard USB port is the following:

1 +5 2 -Data 3 +Data 4 GND

There are no separate pins for clock and data!

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
 Click to see the full signature

Well, I have a USB to PS/2 adapter, so I hooked it up the way the adapter was hooked up, but in reverse.

Thanks.

Reply to
js5895

This won't work. The keyboard chip _has_ to be able to speak both usb and ps/2. A ps/2 keyboard can't speak USB, but many usb keyboards can speak PS/2. Buy a usb keyboard. It costs you 10$

--
MVH,
Vidar
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Vidar Løkken

Ah, exactly all the information I was looking for, thank you.

Reply to
js5895