Trinicon HVC-2200 - Want to use my new cam

I just got this camera and I was wondering how I could somehow hook it up to my PC. It has RCA inputs, but this camera only has a sony k-type connector. What can I do to get the video (and maybe audio) signal out of this thing? I can't power it up because I'm guessing the connector also provides power. Please help!!!

Reply to
echeese

This is a very old camera. I would suggest contacting Sony directly to find out who their parts distrubution is for your area. From there you can find out if it is possible to still have the adabtor/converter to have a video output.

It may work out cheaper for you to get a more modern camera with a direct video output. The newer cameras are also superior to the one you have.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Jerry G. wrote: > This is a very old camera. I would suggest contacting Sony directly to > find out who their parts distrubution is for your area. From there you > can find out if it is possible to still have the adabtor/converter to > have a video output. >

When the Trinicon was new it was a crap camera. ANY cheapo cam-corder will outperform that jurassic contraption on any parameter you care to measure. It belongs in a meseum as an example of how NOT to build a camera. Save your efforts for something worth doing.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

I doubt Sony has any info on these anymore. From what I recall, they had a portable Beta VCR they plugged into, as well as a small power supply box for stationary use. I would keep an eye out on ebay, something will probably turn up sooner or later.

I would second that on the modern camera recomendation though. These old tube cameras are usually a bit soft by now, you'll get better performance out of a modern CCD as well as it will be a lot smaller and lighter.

Reply to
James Sweet