Security Cam Pinouts?

I know, wrong group, but I figure I'll at least get pointers to the right group along with the slaps. I can accept that.

Anyway, I got this B/W security-type camera for free but I know zip about its pinout. The pins in question are in what looks like a four-pin DIN-type connector, two of which are power and ground (yes, I opened it and traced the IRLED pins) but I have no clue about the other two pins as all the brains of the thing appear to be under a glob of epoxy.

It's labeled "Jensen camera unit model JCCTV-150" on the outside, and the board says it's a "CM102-5116-AUDIO".

I Googled until my fingertips hurt but despite the fact that there must be at least one website covering these very common devices I can't figure out how to feed and care for this damn thing.

Anyone got a hint or three?

TIA

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

Okay, so your remaining two pins are video and audio. Apply power and just connect it up to a TV set or VCR. At most two attempts to figure out what it is.

You should be able to guess the voltage from the LED's series R, but start conservative.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

"Cut and try"? Is that the best we can do? Oh, all right, I was gonna do that anyway if I got no better suggestions...

I s'pose I could have mentioned that there's a 78LO5 on board. I'll find a 6V wallwart and go for it.

Thanks

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

If that outputs 5v, you may need to supply at least 7v dc or more.

Reply to
Si Ballenger