Re: Graphic Card problem (Abit Siluro GF4 Ti4600)

Hello,

> > I acquired a second hand graphic card (Abit Siluro GF4 Ti4600) and, > unfortunately, it has a problem > It seems that there is a bad connection somewhere on the card that makes > my screen look like the file attached to this message with random > flickering pixels. > When Windows starts, I'm in safe VGA mode and it seems that this awesome > AGP4x card is reduced to nothing. > However, if I pause the booting, press on the card here or there to stop > the flickering and reboot, everything is fine for a time (until the > connection is bad again I believe). > I have been using the VGA output and I wanted to try the DVI one just to > see that the problem is (or not) there but I haven't done it yet. > > Is there anyone familiar with this kind of problem and could tell me where > to look or what to do? > > Thank you. >

I don't know that you will be able to get to the bottom of that problem. Multilayer boards like those found in PCs, which have pressure-sensitve intermittent problems, are often suffering from either bad thru' plated holes, or badly flowed solder under BGA chips. You might be able to get closer to the problem by careful probing with something like a ball point pen, but failing that turning up anything easily spot-able or fixable, you're probably going to be on a loser. What is much more interesting, is that your attached picture has gotten through. I wasn't aware that this group was set up to accept picture attachments. I'm sure that people have tried before, but always finish up having to post pictures and illustrations, on third party websites. Am I wrong on this, or has something changed recently ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

If OP's the server accepts the post it will be sent out the backbone. It's up to each receiving server's filter rules then to reject or accept the post. Those that offer free/cheap text reading never accept posts with attachments in text only groups.

As far as the video card problem goes, having 4 or 5 layers and the associated interconnections prohibits this kind of servicing unless it's blatantly obvious.

Reply to
Meat Plow