Toshiba combo TV/VCR video problem?

I have this unit model MV13L3C and there is no video coming on the screen from the tuner or the VCR..\ I can see the channel number on the top corner while on tuner that is all.

Any help appreciated, I do not have any diagrams for this unit.

Thanks

Reply to
mikercana1

Because you can see the raster, and the fonts indicating the channel, this means that the output section of the video drive, and the section where the fonts are generated is working. This also means that there is high voltage.

The input video section, and most probably the front end as well, is most likely not functioning, or the control for it is not functioning. This can be that part of the power supply is not working, or there is a failure in the video input sections.

The service manual and the proper tools would be required to service your set. Having the proper training and experience would also be a great asset.

I would suggest to give the set out to an experienced service centre, and let them give you an estimate.

--

JANA
_____

"mikercana1"  wrote in message
I have this unit  model MV13L3C  and there is no video coming on the
screen from the tuner or the VCR..\
I can see the channel number on the top corner while on tuner that is
all.

Any help appreciated, I do not have any diagrams for this unit.

Thanks
Reply to
JANA

Do you get audio from the tuner?

How about the AV inputs?

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

Thanks for your reply

I am an experienced technician, I simply do not have diagrams on all the junk that comes out !

This the most common problem with us all here, all we are hoping for is someone who has had the chance to troubleshoot this set along with a diagram so that we could be steered in the right direction. I have no problem decyphering diagram but they are hard to get.

I can't decypher where the video portion comesfrom / goes with these doublesided board with components on both sides. Just like any good technician, I had had the chance to troubleshoot ione of these with a diagram then I would be somewhat familiar with where the signals come from / goes to.

Forget the cervice centre idea, these machine are not worth wasting time/energy to bring to a service centre to be told that it will be around $120.00 CDN, just not worth that much. I don't understand why someone would send it to a repair depot at these prices when the price of repair gets close to 40% of the original value (nevermind the now value).

I do not get video from the tuner or the VCR but do get the channel number when using tuner

Reply to
mikercana1

Schematic on its way to you. Please post fix !

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

No audio from the tuner but I do get audio from the VCR, I suspect a control voltage is messed up.

Reply to
mikercana1