Toshiba M752 VCR

Hello, I have a low usage Toshiba M752 VCR that only recently started messing up. The tape gets caught on the inside and the unit shuts down. I'm wondering if anyone has a service manual for this unit. I realize that this unit is around seven or eight years old but until now I have had no problems. The tape mechanism is the only thing not working.

Thanks, D.E.

Reply to
dutch

dutch: A service manual for this type of fault is usually not required.... and in most cases the service manual will be of little help, if any. Depending on the exact symptoms the problem could be as simple as a worn belt or stuck idler gear... or possibly a bad/dirty mode switch. If you are not certain where to start you should go to the website for this newsgroup at

there, with some search time, you will find a wealth of VCR troubleshooting tips, repair proceedures, and important safety information. Good luck with your repair. electricitym

- - - - - - -

dutch wrote:

Reply to
electricitym

Reply to
dutch

When you say "getting stuck indside", do you mean eating tapes or other mechanical problem with the transport (loading, etc.)? Also, what year is it from?

Reply to
nvic

Ok I think we bought the unit in 1996 or 1997. Here is the serial number:

93114525 (this bar code number was inside: 9311452543). The FCC ID number is AJXYV95-008. The unit turns on ok and works well as just a tuner. When a tape (any kind of VHS video) is inserted in to the tape cage nothing happens. It doesn't even try to load. If I push the cage all the way in (VCR cover off) and seat the tape, it seems to run fine. Play, stop, forward and rewind all seem to work fine. When I press the eject button the tape retracts back inside the case but the tape does not eject. The tape transport appears to see the cassette as having just been inserted and pulls the tape back out of the case and begins to play the tape. I am still reading through the articles on the repair web sight. The only thing that relates so far is that there might be a dirty mode switch. I'm also having trouble locating the motor that runs the cassette loading mechanism. I would be grateful for any help or ideas.

Thanks,

D.E.

Reply to
dutch