Sylvania TV/VCR Combo Remove VCR

I would like to permenantly remove the VCR portion of this unit. It is constantly jamming and causing the TV to power off automatically. Is there a way to remove the VCR portion and still have the TV work? The TV is great for playing video games on or just watching TV.

Reply to
Thom

A competent repair tech could probably fix the jamming problem, but most of these are not very robust mechanically, so that might be temporary.

More to your question, most of these are built with tuner and video processing circuits on the "VCR" board, so you probably can't "remove" the VCR, but you may be able to disable it. Depending on the model, some combination of things like taping the door shut, removing the loading drive belt, and solder- blobbing the tape end sensors might do it.

Given a specific model number, someone on this group might be able to give more detailed information.

Reply to
Ol' Duffer

The model is Sylvania SRC2019AC. Even though I have gotten the last jammed tape out it still thinks the tape is in there. If someone know how to disable this sensor so that the TV will work please reply. Thank you

Reply to
Thom

You may deconnect the power supply for the mechanics (12 and 24V, i think)

I.

Reply to
buran

How would I know which ones they are? I am not a repair person and not sure how to do it. If you could be more specific it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Reply to
Thom