time base corrector

i would to ask anyone to provide me with a time base corrector schematic diagram and corresponding components that was used, i would like to build one for me. i'm having a problem with the sync of our video, someone told me that a time base corrector could somewhat solve my scrambling video. your help is highly appreciated and thank you very much, hope i'll get a response the soonest.

Reply to
bong

They told you wrong I'm afraid. If there is a fault with your VCR then nothing you do externally to the video signal is going to help matters. A time base corrector is generally a standalone box inserted in the video connection between the VCR and the source you are recording from, which 'tidies up' a poor video signal, eg recording from a worn, jumpy tape. It will not make a malfunctioning VCR work properly, nor can it affect recordings made via the aerial.

If the problem was an unstable video signal into the video, eg if you were recording from one VCR to another copying from a jumpy tape, then maybe it would help.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

Ayon kay Dave D:

Dave

That's exactly my problem, i get unstable video when recording, so time base corrector would really help me? if so, would you have a schematic diagram of a time base corrector or anyone in the group has a copy of the diagram, i would appreciate it very much, i would like to build one for myself, coz i enjoy building circuits or projects during my free time. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bong

Ayon kay Dave D:

Dave

That's exactly my problem, i get unstable video when recording, so time base corrector would really help me? if so, would you have a schematic diagram of a time base corrector or anyone in the group has a copy of the diagram, i would appreciate it very much, i would like to build one for myself, coz i enjoy building circuits or projects during my free time. Thanks in advance.

Bong

Reply to
bong

You don't get it I guess.

Here goes. A time base corrector doesn't just tidy up the signal. It is a variable digital delay which brings video "back into sync" after a (usually) helical scan VTR has screwed it up once the tape had stretched. There are not many other uses for a TBC.

To correct a bad video with a TBC you need to be in manual mode all the time and have a VTR with a flying erase head so you can edit it correctly. To design such a device you need to know how to manipulate BBDs at the least, and if you want a good one you better know analog video. Plus with a TBC, the color must be dealt with seperately if you are "fixing" bad video.

If your system used to record well, why don't you just have the machines cleaned ? (and NO a cleaning tape willl not work).

ZZactly

I don't think you understand what I said. If the problem is with your VCR then a TBC will *not* help you. You need to get your VCR serviced.

No, not if you have a problem with your VCR.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

"Dave D" bravely wrote to "All" (06 Oct 05 12:19:57) --- on the heady topic of "Re: time base corrector"

DD> From: "Dave D" DD> Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:344265

DD> I don't think you understand what I said. If the problem is with your DD> VCR then a TBC will *not* help you. You need to get your VCR serviced.

All vcr's have a very stable horizontal rate but the vertical is often pretty jittery and might be noticable in a few rare circumtances when interfacing equipment. In these uncommon cases a black box that can hold a couple of frames and shoot them out at the right time might help. However, a tbc is a pretty esoteric piece of equipment. aka $$$

A*s*i*m*o*v

... Never trust a man who can count to 1,023 on his fingers.

Reply to
Asimov

It would help if the OP would tell us what he wants to achieve, and whether his VCR works properly or not. If he is copying tapes, then his VCR may be functioning perfectly and a TBC may be useful. If he is recording off air and having problems, a TBC will be useless.

You can get cheaper ones which store lines instead of full frames though. I think for most people the cost would need to be justified by doing a lot of video copying work.

There's an article here on TBCs which the OP might find interesting.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

I remember the old BVU U-matic VCRs. A TBC was indispensable for broadcasting and it worked on a line base not on a frame base. And that was professionell equipment

With VHS I can see the line jitter on the screen.

Reply to
Martin D. Bartsch