problem with RCA DRC212

Hi, guys...

I am looking at a problem with an RCA DRC212 where after you turn its power on, you get no further response from the unit. Power light comes on, and voltage is stable, but it doesn't do anything. Nothing to the display, no response from buttons, and no output to video.

The power supply appears to be fine, though I'm doing this without its schematic.

The player isn't the most expensive thing out there, so I'm not looking to start investing a ton of time into it. But I was hoping somebody would have seen something like this (hoping it will just be an easy one) to give me an idea of where to focus. These players have hardly anything to them, since everything is controlled now through just a couple chips....so I'm somewhat leaning towards the fact that one of the chips has fried in it, rendering the unit pretty much worthless.

Any ideas would be appreciated.....thanks in advance.

Reply to
Darkpaw

Nobody? :) Well, with NEW players now selling as cheap as about $35, there's no point in me investigating it on any kind of advanced level. I'll write it off as IC failure and chuck it.

Reply to
Darkpaw