old 1970's hobby I want to find

I am looking for a piece of hobby electronics I had in 1978 and this seemed to be a good place to ask. It was a black box with four or five toggle switches on the side. When the switches were thrown the box would make various chirping, squeaking, and siren sounds. I got it at a raffle in first grade (1978) in Berthoud, Colorado, but it seems it was a hobby project and so probably came from a hobby magazine from that time. Does anyone have any old copies of magazines from that time? I am looking for the schematics so I can rebuild it. Also give me names of the various magazines that I might search, or any other ideas to find this schematic would be greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time rK

Reply to
rabiticide

Something like

might do the trick.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

You might do a search for [sound effects generator IC]. I think I still have a SN76488 that can be hooked up to a few parts to generate many different kinds of sounds. They are getting very hard to find, however.

But there have been other generator chips.

Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

Not an asnwer to your question, but it brings this to mind.

ehsjr

Reminded me of a old HEATH radio I built for my parents in about

1978'ish, sure miss those kids, BTW that radio is still working and sitting on GrandMa's night stand, don't remember if it's keeping time or not!

Anyone know if there are any of the older Heath kits around, not for collecting, have seen some of those, but for building!

Reply to
PinkFloyd43