TV standby PS voltages too high

Hi Everyone,

It is a Toshiba CX2168C, #8806. The standby PS is an unregulated flyback circuit using an STRD-1005T chip, followed by a zener at one output, and with a linear regulator on the 5V. The unregulated voltages from the SMPS to the linear stages are about twice what they should be. The only thing I can think of are shorted turns in the primary of the flyback transformer, changing the turns ratio and thus the output voltages. Any comment or advice?

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Peter Orban

Hi are you using a scope, Digital or Analogue Meter?. There can be a difference due to the waveform. I am not sure what to expect at flyback frequencies. I am only happy when I get the same voltages as on the circuit diagram (schematic) Andy

Reply to
Andy