Tektronix 2335 Oscilloscope Repair

I have a early 1980's era Tek 2335 here that is in need of repair. I know this is a somewhat scarce ruggedized military model, but it may be helpful if someone could tell me if there is a more standard model that this may be a clone of.

I have many Tek service manuals, but not for this particular model. It would be great if I could troubleshoot from the manual of a slightly different model.

Even advice would be helpful. The symptoms it displays are:

Beam out of focus. Cannot sharpen, but does take some adjustment. Vertical adjustment does not work. Straight horizontal line, which does not change on Ch1 or CH2. No visible channel seperation. Does not respond to input of either AC or DC. Brightness varies with sweep frequency.

I have another scope, so testing is not a difficulty.

Reply to
kel

Download the 86MB service manual here:

There's even a txt file with a possible solution for your scopes focus problem:

----- Original Message ----- From: Jay Sario To: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 12:28 AM Subject: [TekScopes] TEK 2235 no good focus

Having a 2235 myself, I had found and saved this note from another newsgroup:

frequently.

Good luck! Adriano

Reply to
JW

Oops. I mis-read the model number. It's possible that the focus problem may have the same solution, though...

Reply to
JW

And if you get desperate:

90 bucks though. Ouch.
Reply to
JW

snipped-for-privacy@netcene.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No.there's the 2335,2336,2337;all one family. An unusual scope,uses a lot of TEK-made ICs(sole source,NLA!),and difficult to work on. Not a big seller like 465 or 7000 series.

I checked BAMA and one other manuals site,and neither had any of the 2300 manuals.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I finally set aside time and got inside the HV section.

I found that the 2335 bears no simarity at all to the 2200 family as far as schematics and design.

There are alot of specially made parts inside the HV section, including a thick film resistor combo.

I may be able to bypass or jury rig something here, but I would need a copy of the schematic for the HV section. Are there any links to one?

Many thanks in advance....

Reply to
kel