Tektronix 547 with CA plug-in

I was looking through some old notes on the Tek 547, and found repeated references to modifying a CA so it would work with the sweep switching in the 547. I even have an explanation of how it works from within the 547 (it uses different pins from the 1A1) but I have no information about what is needed in the CA to make it work.

Anybody ever heard of this or done it?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
BFoelsch

It has been ages since i have used the CA; isn't there a switch to select Ch1, Alt, Add, Chop, Ch2? If so, then the Alt position does that for you.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I am of course familiar with the "ALT" position on the CA.

The function I am talking about permits input channel 1 to be displayed using the "A" time base and channel 2 to be displayed using the "B" time base. This is the big feature of the 547 and is supported only when using the 1A1 and 1A4 plugins. I am looking for the official way to modify the CA to accomplish the same result.

Thanks again.

Reply to
BFoelsch

I have the modification information, about 6 pages. I can scan the page images in (say) PNG format and email them to you (about 2MB) or perhaps upload them to a web site. Contact me with your preference.

Jack Rouse

Reply to
Jack Rouse

I emailed BFoelsch a pointer to information from the CA modification summary. The modification basically allows you to use A ALT B mode on the 547 to display the A and B inputs of the CA with the respective sweeps.

Jack Rouse

Reply to
Jack Rouse

Why don't you see if the BAMA site is interested in a copy?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida