Tektronix 2465A Channel 1 problem

Hello,

I have the following problem on my 2465A. When I am connect ch1 and ch2 to the calibrator, ch2 displays a rectangular signal and ch1 displays something that becomes a triangular signal when I increase the frequency. I have put pictures on:

Sorry, pictures are not very good.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance, Olivier

Reply to
olivier.scalbert

In fact it is like I have a capacitor in parallel on the ch1 entry.

Reply to
olivier.scalbert

Yes, that would explain the integration (square to triangle).

Obviously, you have switched the probes?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

" snipped-for-privacy@algosyn.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

you can remove the CH.1 attenuator,take it apart carefully(a plastic frame retains the relays),and use an eraser to LIGHTLY clean the switch pads on the ceramic substrate.

*Don't remove the gold plate.* **Don't crack the substrate.**

the attenuators are succeptable to outgassing from plastics coating the contact pads. The other part of the switches are the relays,I would not attempt to clean those contacts,maybe spray with a zero-residue/zero lube contact cleaner.

you have to remove the front plastic edge trim to access the screws to pull the front panel,to access the screws to remove the attenuator. there's a procedure in the service manual for atten removal.

New attenuators are no longer available;TEK does NOT support this product series anymore.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks

Yes, I have changed them and also changed the Volts/Div :(

Reply to
olivier.scalbert

Thank Jim.

I will have a look this wee-end. I have not the schematic of the scope. Do you think I can exchange some parts of Ch1 and Ch2 to locate where is the problem ?

Olivier

Reply to
olivier.scalbert

You can download a service manual here if you need one: ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/tek/2465a_2467/

Reply to
JW

" snipped-for-privacy@algosyn.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Ch.1 and Ch.2 preamps can be swapped. That and the attens are the whole Channel 1 and 2.

IIRC,the BAMA site has the service manual for download.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik