TDA6101Q - where can I buy one?

I have an intermittent green color problem with a sony GDM20E01 monitor. And, I am pretty sure it is one of the three video amplifiers (TDA6101Q) that is the problem. This is a nine pin IC. Any recommendations on where I could buy one? I live in San Jose, Cal. Thanks

Reply to
williams12345

Sony part # 875934642 $2.41 at

On the west coast you should try Andrews electronics.

Any Philips distributor may have it as well, as Philips is the OEM.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Correct, Philips is the OEM for this part. Unfortunately, they recently discontinued them as per their 5-year availability of replacement parts. I know, because just 2 weeks ago I needed three of these for a 27" Samsung (arcing flyback blew all 3). I was told (by a distributor) they were discontinued this March, exactly five years after this model was discontinued. Get used to it, because this is becoming the norm. You might also want to read my other topic while you're at it....

Reply to
Chris F.

So use the Sony part, which is the same thing and readily available. It is even cheap. Limited parts lifespan is nothing new. They likely have an improved version that is still available, since this ship tended to fail quite a lot.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

On 16 Jul 2005 15:53:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@excite.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

Still available in Australia for AU$8.65, so I expect your regular parts outlets should have it.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I should have known. The distributor (Global Elect.) is an authorized Philips/Samsung dealer, but not Sony. Doesn't matter though, because even if I could get the IC's the customer still isn't willing to put that much money into the set (3 ICs + flyback).

is

might

Reply to
Chris F.