problem in sun GDM 20E20 Monitor

i hv two Sun GDM 20E20 . some time it got the problem when it was running. suddenly red color got off. now the only red and green color comes in screen . in second monitor there is only red color .plz help me wht may be the problem??

i hv checked for cold solder but i hvn' found any cold solder . i gave my monitor for repairing in my city but he couldn't found exact problem in it . he told me there is problem in color processing IC. but i don't know which IC processes the color.

I think tube is ok bcoz i hv changed the board which connected to back of tube. when i interchange the board the problem is also interchanged.

Can any buddy tell me which IC may be faulty

thanx in advance every buddy

Reply to
ankurjasani

It may not be the chip. You should use a scope and follow the video process path to determine where the failure actually is.

In most of the Sony monitors, there is a main driver IC on the video board that is on the CRT socket. There are also other devices that can cause this type of fault.

--

JANA _____

i hv checked for cold solder but i hvn' found any cold solder . i gave my monitor for repairing in my city but he couldn't found exact problem in it . he told me there is problem in color processing IC. but i don't know which IC processes the color.

I think tube is ok bcoz i hv changed the board which connected to back of tube. when i interchange the board the problem is also interchanged.

Can any buddy tell me which IC may be faulty

thanx in advance every buddy

Reply to
JANA