Sony KV36XBR200

A friend of mine has a Sony KV36XBR200. He describes the problem as: The video cycles through the following conditions 1) a few seconds of excellent video 2) the screen becomes "green-ish" 3) the screen goes black

4) the cycle starts over.

He said the HV appears to stay up and the sound remains normal during this cycling.

Does anybody have any experience with this problem? Please respond to group only...I can't take all the junk email any more.

Thanks....

Reply to
Rick N Pam

What sources and inputs is the problem on? How long is each part of the cycle? Is sound affected? Do the menus and OSD work normally?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I've obtained some additional information on this problem.

The timing of the sequence is: about 2 seconds of good video, about 1/2 second of green and about 2 seconds of black screen. The sequence then starts over.

He also stated that it does this whether on tuner or line input and that the OSD is visible only during the visible video portion of the sequence, but disappears during the black sequence. The sound remains normal throughout. He did not listen for the sound (static) of the HV coming and going, so I'm not certain about that aspect.

Is this a possible activiation (or malfunction) of an X-ray protection circuit?

Reply to
Rick N Pam