Sony SDM-S81R Inverter Board

I am certain that this is the problem with my failed monitor. The screen remains black while the LED is green and flashing.

Does anybody know where I can get one of these boards, short of sending tall-dollars to Sony?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Alsip

Jeffrey: You could do a search for the part on the WEB. I believe there is a company called LCDPART.COM has lists many types of inverter boards. If you are good with electronics, I would suggest that you check the inverter board before buying a new one. I have had 3 or 4 where just the SMD fuse was blown. Often the SMD driver transistors that drive the transformers at the ends of the board are shorted, causing the fuse to blow. Hope this helps.... John

Jeffrey Alsip wrote:

Reply to
jdgill

Yeah, I tried the web search before I posted. The LCDPART site came up right away, and they do list the part at $89.99...but it is hopelessly out-of-stock. They had no idea when they could get one.

I sure hate to give up on an 18" LCD, especially one that is clean and free of any blemishes, but it seems that I will have to do just that.

By the way, I did ring out that fuse that you mentioned and it seems fine.

I suppose I can list this on ebay as a "for parts only". The screen itself is clean and scratch free, so it might be good to somebody.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Alsip