Electronics Repair Gurus

Do you intuitively know your way around a widget? What makes it tick - or more importantly, what makes it tick AGAIN, after breaking down? Others are searching for answers that you can provide.

We would like you to share your expertise with millions by contributing specific "how to" guides on our site. Sponsored by Overstock.com, Omuse is the place where people with similar interests can meet and work together to "write the book" about the things they enjoy most.

Joining is free and easy!

omuse.overstock.com

Reply to
Omuse.Admin

Sometimes it feels that way. But it took years of study and working with electronics to make that happen.

Study electronics to gain it's secrets.

You're an idiot to speculate that it's that simple.

My expert advise is they should take their broken widgets to a repair shop.

(snip)

Reply to
Don Bowey

The last case of beer I got from the supermarket had a widget in the bottom of every can, I took one apart to investigate what a widget actually was and concluded that it definitely wasn't electronic.

Reply to
ian field

Reply to
Mike Berger

Generally repair capable people arent interested in spending lots of time explaining how to do uberbasic things. Anything more would be assuming too much skill from people most of whom wont possess it. IOW this sort of thing doesnt normally pan out.

To look at it another way, theres only so much you can teach people in one sitting, and that doesnt come anywhere near being enough to fix most faults. It takes years to get skilled, not minutes.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Isn't that the new motto of the US Army?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Is the book going to be better than the sci.electronics.repair FAQ. Seems like it has already been done...and we have lots of places to go now.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet