Sony kv-32hs500 DVI connector

Hi everyone,

This isn't a repair question per se but I'm wondering if you can help me out. I just acquired and repaired my sons 32" flat screen Sony kv-32hs500. The set had the common chip replacement issue with the series of blinking lights from the front led. The tv works great now but he is interested in using the set for HD. At first glance I believed the set to have a standard DVI input but upon further review the connector is nothing like I have seen before. I did a little research on DVI connectors. I found this very helpful:

It appears that DVI-D single link is the closest yet on the television there are 2 vertical pins right next to the large flat horizontal pin. I took a screen shot of the image from the manual :
Is anyone familiar with this connector? Would a standard DVI-D single link connector work or is this a proprietary Sony cable? What purpose if any do those vertical pins serve? Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jesse

Reply to
Jstein