Sony KLV-40U-100M no display

Sony KLV-40U-100M has no display.

Powers up green panel light is on and so are the back lamps.

No display from any of the inputs.

Any thoughts or tips on this set?

Thanks...........

Reply to
rb

Gotta be the main board - there isn't much else...

This board is actually a high-failure item. Replaced one just last Saturday. The normal failure mode is the set just sits there dumb, and won't turn on at all. One confirms the standby voltage to the main board, and note that the turn-on signal is absent coming from the main board back to the power supply.

Your failure seems different but I'm still betting on the main board.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

I agree it is a problem on the A board. I was hoping to just repair the component that is bad. All caps tested Ok with and esr meter and diodes test ok also. What did the board cost ,and did you order from Sony? Thanks..

Reply to
rb

Don't remember the cost exactly - it was 200.00 or so but also with a large core value - perhaps 380.00 or so IIRC. We get them from Sony. Dealer pricing is available from other distributors - but you'd have to pay the core up front and get refunded when you return it.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

You know - this could be a bad T-conn. With the set powered on try slightly loosening and rocking the connector to the T-conn and see if the screen flashes or blips or shows any sign of activity. If not, the T-conn board is probably bad. It's not available separately for this model. The panel would have to be replaced.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Thanks Mark, I will check that out also.

Reply to
rb