Pulsating Hitachi TV screen

Hitachi

Model TE-4400

Chassis: NP83LX3 (I think....not quite sure)

Dead on arrival - no raster, no audio, protection circuit would cut in upon power up. Faint arching sound.

Found cracked solder joints on three components by the FBT - resoldered them.

Unit now powers on correctly, high voltage comes up.

After a short time after power up (around 30 seconds or so):

- plusing sound can be heard through speaker

- raster is pulsing from the center of the CRT (looks like a '60's tie- dye light show.

I will be checking around the net for any information concerning these symptoms but was wondering if this sounds familar to any of the participants here.

Any thoughts or tips would be most appreciated.....thanks! :-)

Reply to
propman

sounds like a HV leak. check your anode leads . make sure they are locked correctly in flyback and at crt

Reply to
David Naylor