Sony SDM-HS75 No Power

I have this Sony LCD monitor (SDM-HS75) that will not power on. Not even 2 years old and hardly used once a week. Power on indicator not illuminated. The power supply is build-in....no power brick used. I have the Sony service manual but all it really shows you is how to disassemble the monitor. No schematic! Hopefully just a fuse but won't know that till I open her up. So if there is anyone with any tips on fixing this monitor I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks, Al

Reply to
alllw

The factory service does not service these at the component level. They swap boards, and re-adjust them to match if necessary. Component servicing something complex at the component level is more expensive for a factory service department than to simply swap out a board or two to make something work.

If the power supply has failed, the proper fix is to order a replacement board from Sony. It is possible that something else in the monitor may have caused the failure. You will find out when you try the new board.

You may find it more feasible to take the monitor to a Sony service centre. This will avoid you from having to buy boards to try, and then be stuck with them after if they are not required.

Considering the advancements in LCD monitors and their price drops, your monitor may not be feasible to service.

--

JANA
_____

"alllw"  wrote in message
I have this Sony LCD monitor (SDM-HS75)   that will not power on.  Not
even 2 years old and hardly used once a week.   Power on indicator not
illuminated.   The power supply is build-in....no power brick used.  I
have the  Sony service manual but all it really shows you is how to
disassemble the monitor.   No schematic!    Hopefully just a fuse but
won't know that till I open her up.    So if there  is anyone with any
tips on fixing this monitor I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,   Al
Reply to
JANA

Update:

Just got my monitor back from Sony Service in San Diego, took less than 7 days. Repair was done under warranty...thought it was 1 year but it was for 3 years.

The description of parts or service reads :

Reset - IC F-F33 Constant No Power Replaced Parts

I did notice before I sent it in was that the back cover was discolored where the power supply circuits are. (over heating?)

OK, at least it's working now.

Al

Reply to
alllw