Sony KV-27XBR55 Repair

Hi,

I've a Sony KV-27XBR55 and it suddenly has no picture.

Symptoms:

- no picture

- no OSD (on screen display) (the green colored text does not show)

- great sound

- tube seems to have static

- the back / neck of tube glows orange

I would appreciate it, If anyone can provide me of hints on how to go about repairing it.

Anyone have the service manual/repair guide or schematics for this Sony model (or similar model)?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
DIY Repair

DIY Repair: You should go to the website for this newsgroup at

there, with some of your search time, you will find a wealth of television troubleshooting tips, repair procedures and important safety information. Read through the repairfaq, perform some basic troubleshooting, testing, meter readings, component tests, etc...

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

Google sci.electronics.repair for "sony video" sony blank video" "Sony no picture" tons of hits on how to troubleshoot.

Barring that, you need a little more information as there are at least

4 common causes for your symptom and approximately 10 uncommon causes.

I would mark the G2 control and write down the voltage read on G2 and then slowly turn it up to see if anything becomes visible. That alone will tell a lot about the problem. Do not run the set in the fault condition with the G2 turned up, some causes for the loss of video can crack the picture tube if left with the G2 cranked up.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Google sci.electronics.repair for lots of prior postings of similar problems and how to troubleshoot each one. At this point there are a lot of different possibilities, need more input. Before adjusting anything (hint) mark it with a black permanent marker so you can know exactly where you started. I would start by measuring the G2/screen voltage and write it down, mark the screen control, then slowly turn it up to see if anything were visible on screen, then turn it back down to exact origional position.

i.e. "Sony video" Sony blank video" etc

Reply to
dkuhajda

Would anyone happen to have the PDF schematics / service manual for this TV?

Some> DIY Repair wrote:

Reply to
DIY Repair