Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

LoL! ...so if he shows another, will you ask for a third?

And age has to do with...what?

It looks like : Cowell 1, Prong 0

Reply to
CompUser

And yourself not being a *fan* of 'the blues', so-to-speak... how was the show..??

Who was playing said B-3 . . ? ?

Is the G--damn weather warming up out there..??

This global warming shit is freezing me everywhere I go . . ? ? ?

Reply to
gtski

snip

The water bottle syndrome is a fascinating one, and I'm certain it's an affectation or posing thing---- "Look at me, I'm sooooo healthy"

It's mainly younger folk, but they seem utterly unable to move about the workplace without dragging along their water bottle. I did a little private survey a while ago, and did observe some correlation between those who habitually carry water bottles and poorer performance. No, it was not very scientific and it was a sample of about 25, but it was far from true that "constant rehydration" equals a sharper mind, as is often espoused.

Barry

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Nope. Cowell produced a tin of ... what? To prove his point, which was "Rosin has Zinc Chloride in it" he needs to establish:

1) That the tin contains (or contained) flux 2) That the flux is rosin flux

Even if we can assume 1 above is true, 2 is false. What he has (or had) in the tin, is acid flux.

The "contains zinc chloride" written on the label tells you that. So if you use your scoring system, it is Cowell 0, Prong 1

But the "scoring" isn't the key point. The sad thing is the possible use by Mr. Cowell, yourself, or others of an acid flux on electronic gear.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

of

Like smoking is partly psychological crutch and partly chemical addiction. I reckon this water bottle nonsense is the same with phthalate instead of nicotine.

I blame the teachers (in the UK anyway) who've been brainwashed by some commercial operation called "Brain Gym". Admittedly I've only asked one primary level teacher and he could see nothing perverse/unfounded claptrap, in added water etc to increase cognitive ability/ reduced ADHD or whatever psychobabble.

N Cook

Hi!

Selenium? Isn't that stuff pretty nasty in its own right? I seem to remember that it is somehow toxic.

I think you are talking about mercury, not lead.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Who said "impossible"? One can use any solder one wishes; the EU RoHS "mandate" only talks about certain *manufactured* goods for *sold* in the EU, period. The metal coating on part leads may no longer be tin/lead solder, but may be tin/silver solder, nickel, tin, etc - anything that does not contain lead. For useability in theassembly of electronic circuits, that metal coating must be compatible with the non-lead solder(s) used in assembly. That means they are compatible with tin/lead solders.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I've been eating large bowls of fresh veggies for over 20 years. I was into so-called 'health foods' before food was discovered.

Reply to
Dave Moore

: snip : : >

: >The modern version is phthalate poisoning from leaching out of plastic : >packaging and bottles. I have an industrial chemist friend in the food : >industry , seriously concerned about this. I am coming to agree with him. : >When I was young you never saw youngsters with bottles (glass or plastic) : >hanging out of their mouths all the time. Anyone would think the function of : >these ubiquitous bottles of water was psychological, like baby's dummies. : : The water bottle syndrome is a fascinating one, and I'm certain it's : an affectation or posing thing---- "Look at me, I'm sooooo healthy" : : It's mainly younger folk, but they seem utterly unable to move about : the workplace without dragging along their water bottle. I did a : little private survey a while ago, and did observe some correlation : between those who habitually carry water bottles and poorer : performance. No, it was not very scientific and it was a sample of : about 25, but it was far from true that "constant rehydration" equals : a sharper mind, as is often espoused. : : Barry

Did you hear about that woman that OD'd on water and died as a result of water drinking contest recently?

Reply to
Dave Moore

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 04:24:31 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

I would be very wary of continued utilization of any more selenium than is found in a REGULAR supplement.

It is good for the brain, but not likely as some store bought stand alone thing. It is far too easy to get too much of it, and many of these body builder vitamin makers do not have the brains to blow their noses with. A few do, however, and they don't likely include any more than a standard supplement would either.

A good brand is "Parrillo Performance". That guy IS a nutritionist, and has a few Mr. Universes under his belt that he conditioned into Shape. John Parrillo is one smart dude. Great nutrition program. Might even be free online by now. Used to cost bucks.

Smart dude though.

Reply to
MassiveProng

Years ago Col. Cooper, a writer, teacher and former marine was driving into town and noticed a young woman waiting to cross the street standing with her arms crossed with a cell phone in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. He riffed amusingly on what sort of perilous and adventurous life she must lead that she should need to have water in hand at all times. What exotic sphere of life did she occupy that she should need to be ready to communicate across great distances at a moments notice. One might wonder.

Ron

Effect pedal demo's up at

RonSonic

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 04:36:51 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

And you don't think you are, dumbfuck?

You are male, and human, right?

If the answer is yes, then you ARE an asshole. Get used to it, dipshit, or is your brain so befuddled that you cannot grasp the fact that you too are an asshole?

Reply to
MassiveProng

Goods placed on the market before the RoHS directive commenced in July 2006, may be repaired / reworked with any solder you like. Goods placed on the market after that time must only be repaired / reworked using lead-free solder. Some manufacturers - Sony for instance - have been insisting for the last couple of years, that their service agents use only lead-free solder for repairing *all* of their products, even though all of the older stuff was constructed using conventional tin/lead solder. In the opinion of many reputable commentators, including some solder manufacturers, this is not valid, because the jury is still out on whether or not lead-free solder is truly compatible with leaded solder. The general concensus seems to be that if the equipment ws originally manufactured using leaded solder, then that is what it should be repaired with. Likewise, if manufactured using lead-free, then that is what should be used to repair it.

Having worked with the stuff now for a couple of years, I can only say that I am truly glad that both the avionics and medical instrument industries, have managed to secure exemptions not requiring them to use it for manufacturing. Couple this with the fact that the US military refuse to use it point blank, and that should tell you all you need to know about this crappy replacement technology for one that was mature, reliable, and caused no provable pollution problem in the first place. At the end of the day, all they have done by introducing this rubbish legislation, is to swap an unproven pollution hazard problem, for yet another global warming one, by upping the world-wide energy budget for manufacturing and repairing lead-free soldered equipment.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 04:45:57 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

Have you ever heard of the word retard? It is basic physics, dipshit.

I see you are pulling the puppy dog stalker thing mow. Fuck off, dumbass, then DIE, of your lead poisoning, OR of your selenium binge.

I think the latter would be a lot more amusing. They could bury you with your guitar across your body, and your fingers glued to the strings. You could no longer say that you missed any strings that way. D'oh!

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 04:55:08 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

I wouldn't ingest it, nor use it more than very sparingly.

Also, do you see it still sold anywhere?

Reply to
MassiveProng

Sounds too good to be true! You got a URL for that?

Reply to
Barry Lennox

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 04:58:03 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

Como esta frijole?

Which is a funny way of saying how have you been. :-]

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:28:10 -0500, "Leonard Caillouet" Gave us:

According to the MSDS fluxes are not hazardous EITHER.

Your sig IS SPAM, dumbass!

Reply to
MassiveProng

I suspect a parallel universe link to the Sahara Desert

Incidentally, I suggested that to one of the worst "water bottle carriers" where I once worked. She looked at me like I was quite mad.

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Also, what about the germs and dirt, etc on the used surfaces that are used, constantly growing into a possible biohazard? Have seen some articles that indicate such practices should actually be banned (but they did have their own agenda, so who knows how "good" those articles were).

Reply to
Robert Baer