Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On 7 Mar 2007 13:29:49 -0800, "Xtrchessreal" Gave us:

I have 3.5 pounds of it, and use it to demonstrate buoyancy of heavy metallic objects, among other things.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On 7 Mar 2007 13:29:49 -0800, "Xtrchessreal" Gave us:

Relatively safe, actually. Even ingestion of metallic form mercury is not that big a deal. Now touch any of many if not all mercuric compounds and you can get cancer and die within a couple/few months.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On 7 Mar 2007 13:56:47 -0800, "The Librarian" Gave us:

Cilantro dental odor is more than a little foul. Mixed with cigarette odor and you almost puke.

Riding the bus in North San Diego County is a nightmare when it is full of Mexican illegals on their way "home" from working the local farms.

Nauseating even. The odor, and the fact that "home" is here.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On 7 Mar 2007 13:59:54 -0800, "The Librarian" Gave us:

Milk differs a lot from region to region. Ohio milk tastes great, and SoCal milk doesn't. After ten years though, I like it, and have yet to go "back to Ohio" to find my city gone, and milk tasing "funny" on the rebound.

Reply to
MassiveProng

--- No, it doesn't.

Some fluxes often called "acid fluxes" contain zinc chloride, but it can't be used for electrical work because it's corrosive.

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

On 7 Mar 2007 14:21:42 -0800, "The Librarian" Gave us:

I think this guy manufactures illicit human inebriants. :-]

Reply to
MassiveProng

--
And zinc chloride?

Well, I must say that sounds like something _you'd_ pull.
Reply to
John Fields

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 01:19:45 GMT, "Arfa Daily" Gave us:

Bwuahahahahaha... how do you know you didn't make them that way with a mutated gene in your "wad"? Tee Hee Hee.

From the neck up? :-]

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:26:12 -0800, "Joel Kolstad" Gave us:

Not mil devices. They cost more, and mil device makers still make 'em!

Not necessarily true. It will, however, make our mil devices even more costly despite their COM being the same or even less.

It will also likely mean higher contract manufacturing costs as well.

Conversion will cost them a lot, so retaining the old methodology will get those costs passed to those that get the lesser used technology.

Very sad.

Reply to
MassiveProng

=CE=B7 =CE=B2 =CF=80

Reply to
The Librarian

"MassiveProng" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I must say, I *rarely* work on the exterior of a 50 year old guitar amp... mostly, I'd be inside it.

What is that yellow fuzz growing on the speaker nuts of my '61 Gibson Falcon? Tasted funny, anyway... I hear Hammond organs are plagued by 'cadmium fingers'... you have to zap them when they short out key contacts. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Man have I woofed up volumes of "solder smoke" over the 25+ years on the bench. I used to love walking into the shop on a cold clear morning and waft in the mixture of rosin, pipe, and cigar smoke floating through the air. There is nothing wrong with me these days, just ask my son, either head will tell you so.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 06:33:44 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

I worked at Baldwin, you retarded f*ck. Fuck Hammond.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 06:33:44 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Your name should be cower.

So far the only music you have introduced into our group is flatulence.

You're just pissed because you suffer from foot in mouth disease, and need to flail your arms like a little dipshit.

Here... I'll clear it up for you...

That shit you have from GC HAS Zinc Chloride in it. That in no way means that rosin flux has Zinc Chloride in it.

Just like John said, that SHIT is an acid flux, NOT rosin flux, and regardless of what GC printed on the can, it is NOT meant for electronics use.

So take your clueless ass back to your geetar group where you belong.

You pathetic, cringing little milksop.

Reply to
MassiveProng

"MassiveProng" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I didn't think so... I used to have a Baldwin, once... left it at the dump, no usable stuff inside. I suppose you're the one that invented those silicon contacts? The ones that are unobtainable, and render the unit unrepairable (thank god, anyway!). __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:11:47 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Let's see... google Hammond and get some lame electronic parts place.

Google Baldwin, and get...

WHAT'S THIS?! A PIANO AND ORGAN COMPANY!

Imagine that. The dipshit clings to outdated CRAP like acid flux (NOT ROSIN), which is not even meant for electronics, and Organs which no longer have a maker.

You could be a bit more clueless, but not in this life.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:22:57 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Switching to platinum contacts would ALSO involve new, NON Cadmium "fingers", dipshit.

Pretty simple shit, but I don't expect an meth addled doper to be able to grasp the process. Hell, you don't even know how to make a sig work properly.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:22:57 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Typical... No argument so the stupid f*ck bails out, just like he did when busted on his contention that rosin flux contains Zinc Chloride.

Good going, mental midget.

Reply to
MassiveProng

If i remember correctly, selenium is a poison also, and presumedly it makes your sweat smell like a stinky skunk.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I'm curious. Which parts have they changed and how do they make them

*impossible* to solder with lead based stuff?

IMHO, lead based solder will always be available for repairing older equipment.

--
*Bigamy is having one wife too many - monogamy is the same

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)