Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:55:52 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Show me where it says "rosin", which is what you stated.

Well....???

That's right, dipshit... bail out on the real issue, which was that of you making an errant statement.

You didn't say "I have some flux which is Zinc Chloride, and that is bad." You said "Rosin flux has Zinc Chloride in it."

Guess what... You were wrong then, and until you admit it, you'll remain in err.

So take you tin of PLUMBER'S FLUX and stick it up your ass.

Reply to
MassiveProng

: >>>>>>Here, look at this picture... : >>>>>>

: >>>>>>

: >>

: >>

: >>>

: >>> Again I say, you stupid f*ck: : >>>

: >>> Show me where ANY other flux maker has any such warnings. : >>>

: >>>Also, do you have any clue as to how old that shit is? : >>>

: >>

: >>

: >> LoL! ...so if he shows another, will you ask for a third? And age has : >> to do with...what? : >>

: >> It looks like : Cowell 1, Prong 0 : >

: > Nope. Cowell produced a tin of ... what? : > To prove his point, which was "Rosin has Zinc Chloride in it" : > he needs to establish: : > 1) That the tin contains (or contained) flux : > 2) That the flux is rosin flux : >

: >

: > Even if we can assume 1 above is true, 2 is false. : : We aren't stupid... your assertion is simply : that, Argumentum ad Assertum, or whatever : the frick it is... anyway, I got picture. : : > What he has (or had) in the tin, is acid flux. : : It says "Non-Corrosive Soldering Paste" on : the front. It says "Radio Chemicals" on the : back. The flux is a deep brown goo... and : by golly, it smells just like rosin flux! And : you know the best part... it works like a : champ! : : >

: > The "contains zinc chloride" written on the label tells : > you that. So if you use your scoring system, it is : > Cowell 0, Prong 1 : : Sorry, a real person *always* trumps a sock, especially : when the sock is so patently offensive. : : > But the "scoring" isn't the key point. : > The sad thing is the possible use by Mr. Cowell, yourself, : > or others of an acid flux on electronic gear. : : How about 'non-corrosive' flux? I *urge* all of you to : go to Wikipedia and read up on 'activated' fluxes... : or FOAD, for all I care. I just like kicking around : someone that uses "MassivePrawn" for a handle. : I'll probably get to heaven for it, even though I'm : an atheist. : __ : Steve

Why don't you just tell him to Flux off and die

Reply to
Dave Moore

: >> >>>Here, look at this picture... : >> >>>

: >> >>>

: >

: >>

: >>

: >> Again I say, you stupid f*ck: : >>

: >> Show me where ANY other flux maker has any such warnings. : >>

: >> Also, do you have any clue as to how old that shit is? : >>

: >

: >LoL! ...so if he shows another, will you ask for : >a third? : : You're a bigger idiot than he is. : >

: >And age has to do with...what? : : Well, dipshit, when "GC" first came out, they were the consumer : level cheap way to get things, and they weren't very bright. : : As clearly evidenced by them labeling an ACID flux as being for : electronic use, when the ENTIRE world knows that it is NOT! : : So it looks like you can f*ck off too, you uneducated retard. : : >It looks like : Cowell 1, Prong 0 : : I suggest you visit an eye doctor then, you stupid fucktard. : : His claim that Zinc Chloride is in rosin flux is wrong. You need to : learn that, dipshit.

Phil,,, is that you ?

Reply to
Dave Moore

I knew of a late-teen with severe ADHD, on medication since age 8. Extensive review of the medical literature, and knowledge of the teen's diet led me to suspect deficiency of essential fatty acids as a primary cause. Essential fatty acids are essential to adolescent growth, and to brain function.

Encouraged by the success at:

an experiment was instituted with fatty acid supplements 20 months ago (end of June, 2005).

The teen stopped all medication. Life was hell for two weeks, then slowly improved over the next four weeks.

The teen promptly grew from 5 ft to 5 ft 5.5 over the summer. That's

5 1/2 inches in three months.

The kid now has complete relief of all ADHD, taking no drugs. The kid is just a normal, cool, super-smart kid. As long as the supplements are taken, that is. Kids being kids, often the supplements are forgotten; symptoms return over the next couple days. It's quite obvious. Restarting the supplements fixes it. Always.

We also feel utter elimination of hydrgenated oils important, as those compete with--and are preferentially utilized by the brain over--the supplements, yet do not function as required.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:04:57 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Yes, dumbass, we know.

You have the picture that PROVES that you are not talking about ROSIN flux, as you claimed, and it also proves that you don't know a goddamned thing about soldering technology or the materials used therein.

Good job, dipshit. Your picture proves YOU wrong.

You are an easy kill, dufus.

Kinda like Tom Cruise and the blind shot he made to win that game...

I didn't even have to try to beat you. You laid the path, then strolled down it all by yourself, and you persist ad nauseum.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:04:57 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

How would you know, never having used the proper media?

Prove that you "work like a chump". Same way you admit error... like a chump. Like the chump you are.

Reply to
MassiveProng

: > I've been eating large bowls of fresh veggies for over 20 years. : >I was into so-called 'health foods' before food was discovered. : >

: : If that is the case, then it IS merely age and drugs as well as a : bit of the power of suggestion.

I suggest you stop kidding yourself about knowing it all.

: : There is no reason you would be "missing strings" then not so simply : because you chowed on some selenium.

Cilantro , with small amounts of selenium on the side.

Ok, I'll entertain your retarded musings.

Before I started eating Cilantro there were several other things I tried that I really thought were going to cure me. They didn't. So, if your 'expert' "psychosomatic" diagnosis had any merit, would not the other things that I expected to cure me have cured me long before I started eating cilantro?

I'll admit, perhaps there could be more to the story. The symptoms started to appear whilst I was taking medication to quit smoking. I at the time thought it might have been related to the medication. However, the symptoms persisted for 3 months after I discontinued the medication. So, I'm open minded to all of the possibilities. But admittedly, I am having a difficult time with the remote possibilitiy that you can from afar know more about what's happening in my life than I do, as you seem to think you do.

Reply to
Dave Moore

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:11:38 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Said the text morphing Usenet dope.

I read EE Times, and Sky and Telescope, and Scientific American, and Linux Format, and Machine Design and NASA Tech Briefs, Etc.

I work on 30GHz Over The Horizon SatCom Networking systems. Any smirk I give related to Baldwin is that of one at them for knowing what they lost when I left there for greener pastures 25 years ago.

You sit and pound your pud all day.

I have done more to make the world a better place in the last 2 years than you will in your entire life, boy.

So admit you were wrong and move on, 4-F chump.

Reply to
MassiveProng

Interesting info, thanks. I've found a tip that I'll relay. The trick is to sip a tablespoon of canola ,walnut, or olive oil, or some other (high in essential fatty acids) oil, about

30 minutes before a meal. Supposedly this helps to release CCK hormone which in turn signals the brain that it's satisfied. Supposedly, you'll eat less 30 minutes later when meal time comes. Certainly it couldn't hurt and may just have other benefits. :
Reply to
Dave Moore

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:25:06 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

No. The literal trans is "How are bean?" or How is bean?"

So the "Funny way of saying" refers to what it is supposed to mean or be like, as in

"How have you been."

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

I am more like an electric eel that has stunned you with the facts. After you recover, maybe then you'll admit the mistake.

Since you keep morphing text, however, I doubt it. You lose 20 IQ points every time you post. Not much left, Chucko.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:38:38 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

I soldered for years. Cast bullets, and fishing sinkers for years.

Had lead tests done a few years back with similar, but not quite so paranoid thoughts as yours.

Not a trace. IIRC (hehehe that's a joke, son.) (Rooster inflection). I remember the results.

So yeah... maybe a bit arrogant, but I do speak from knowledge and experience. From your post title, I'd say the opposite of you in the lead/body infusion regard anyway.

So pay head and get off the excessive selenium, if any, and get tested, and move on.

You were probably just not as attentive that night, and WERE MORE attentive on the subsequent session. Hence the psychosomatic reference. No big deal if you don't make it one.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:38:38 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

I would venture to say that I have touched far far more lead than you have, and even had many lunches right then and there, and I have no lead in me.

What was that? I never called you a fool. Psychosomatic responses are directly linked to suggestion. It is common, and you are no less a man if that is what it was.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:38:38 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

Apparently you do to some degree, or you wouldn't be responding so angrily based on the mere fact that your fears are essentially baseless.

There would be a HUGE statistical data reference if folks that worked in electronics with direct exposure to metallic form lead were having problems with high lead counts in their bodies, or any of the associated illnesses surrounding high lead counts in their bodies.

In other words, dude... WE WOULD KNOW IF IT WERE A PROBLEM. It has literally been over half a century since Western Electric had the mothers of folks like you and me soldering their asses off with even higher lead content alloys than we use now.

The making a mountain out of a dung beetle ball syndrome comes to mind. That would be several orders of magnitude in size difference.

Yet more proof that RoHS is bullshit as well.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:38:38 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

When did I ever say that I was not an asshole, asshole?

My remarks are facts. There is no cover up. You can absorb it, let it whopp you upside da head and ignore it, or you can deal with the fact that it is certainly one possibility.

Damn, dude. Are you one of those tobacco smokers that swears there is no health issues surround that as well?

BTW, if you DO smoke, that IS a contributing factor for dexterity. It constricts the tiny capillaries of the body, and things get Oxygen starved, like spinal discs, teeth, your brain, etc.

So your lack of capacity to play well that night could be due to one or more of several factors. You smoking, smokers in the same room with you... an acid flashback, etc., etc.

Don't shoot the messenger for being Frank and Earnest, even if,in your opinion "arrogant". That would kinda make you the asshole.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:55:46 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

Note that your quote of him ALSO carried hi sig, so the thing IS fuxored as he is.

The hockey team coach said to the team, Let's get the puck outta here!

Get the flux outta our sub-thread battle! :-] Before I flux you up!

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:57:12 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

No, dumbass. Learn to read and interpret headers.

What's with the stupid triple coma CRAP?

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:13:01 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

Tobacco use constricts capillaries. If you smoke THAT is your problem, not the meds to quit.

Quit cold turkey. It is all about willpower and you already have something to do with your hands. ;-] (no, I meant the guitar, take your hand back out of your pants).

Seriously, I smoked two packs a day for 17 years, and I SMOKED THEM. I started on camel non filters and Pall Malls, Quit cold turkey in '87 and never looked back. Felt better EVERY week since. Trust me, if you quit, you'll come back here in two or three moons and thank me for getting you in the mindset.

THAT is the poison that is ravaging your body, AND it makes you STINK, whether you believe it or not. It reduces productivity at work through lack of actually putting in 8 hrs as well as the mental hit.

Dude, get up your willpower and quit.

Yes, I am an asshole, but that smoke is the devil in you right now.

nicotine = LEAD! in this case.

Fuck the cilantro, that just makes the stink worse. Quit smoking and get back 5 or ten of the 30 you took away.

Folks that smoke are so good at ignoring all the data.

Do yourself a favor and believe that stats.

Do you get sore back problems?

Tobacco starves the discs of blood and they harden (firm up) over time.

I can't be too much of an arrogant asshole if I don't even know you, and I just spent several minutes of MY time telling you what IS absolutely the best thing you can do for yourself right now.

Trust me, the addiction is 96% mental. WILLPOWER.

You have guitar skills... get the skill that lets you tell yourself you are not going to pick then up again.

Guess what? A new Strat-o-caster is only a couple of smoke free years away. Save the dollars you would normally spend on smokes, and see what you can buy!

I'll bet you just hate to love me right now.

Too bad, if you take heed, you'll be forced to admit that I helped you despite all you have said.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:13:01 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

Tobacco, dude. I have been there... done that.

You'll thank me, even though I doubt you'll kick yourself in the ass.

I didn't need a remote viewing session to garner what's going on. As soon as you said you were a smoker, I knew.

For all you know, those tobacco bastards put lead in your smokes!

So don't be a Bat's Turd! Face it, I could be VERY ACCURATE.

Reply to
MassiveProng

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Thanks. Fat slows digestion (gastric emptying, specifically) and reportedly improves satiety, so it seems there's some heathful basis for Italians dipping their bread in olive oil.

Except for walnut, though, the oils you mention are _not_ good sources of the necessary essential fatty acids / oils (EFAs are oils). These light oil fractions spoil quite easily, and so are ordinarily deliberately removed from olive and canola oil during refining. Necessary, for cooking use, but not helpful for brains.

The Durham Research Council spells out their exact protocol. EPA, DHA, GLA. Basically, it's certain fish and primrose oils.

For the teen, scaled to the kid's weight, it amounts to

2g of _concentrated_ omega-3s (or 4g unrefined) from fish and one primrose capsule, per day. I figure ideally it would be twice that, but the kid balks.

From food there are precious few good sources, chiefly cold-water fish (salmon, fatty tuna). Grass-fed animals. Chickens that eat bugs. Grain-fed animals are poor sources.

Flaxseed, walnuts, and chia seeds have ample short-chain plant-based versions (ALA) of the fatty acids, but your body will only convert 10-20% to the needed long-chain (animal) forms.

For anyone interested, see the Durham Research Council site. They're really good folks, and it's written in plain language.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur