Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"PassiveThong" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Phil was in the Band?

MassivePrawn, as stoned Stan Marsh: "Phil Collins rocks the house"... limply.

I'm sure his Oscar thanks you....

I only lose time, kicking giant shrimp... smelly! __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Not when it contains rosin... go read the Wiki I posted. That crap in your tin is white... mine is deep brown. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

: >> > ... : >> >

: >> >>> Anyway, finally, it dawned on me that perhaps : >> >>> 30 years involved in electronics with a good : >> >>> 20 of them heavily involved in prototyping guitar : >> >>> amp designs, might have taken it's toll. So I did some : >> >>> research online and discovered that indeed my symptoms : >> >>> just might well be those of lead poisoning. : >> >

: >> > ... : >> >

: >> >> Lead as a metal does not fume at soldering temperatures, such that it : > can : >> >> be ingested in that way. The fumes and vapour that you see when : >> >> soldering, are from the flux contained in the solder, burning away. : > There : >> >> is some evidence that prolongued exposure to the rosin based fluxes : > used : >> >> to date, can cause respiratory tract ailments such as industrial : > asthma, : >> >> and may in extreme circumstances be carcinogenic. : >> >

: >> > Rosin has Zinc Chloride in it... I've been poisoned with : >> > zinc before (welding) and you need to drink milk for : >> > the chelating calcium in it. Bad sick headache... not sure : >> > of prolonged low-level exposure, but fume hoods are nice. : >> > __ : >> > Steve : >> > . : >> >

: >> That's a new one on me. I had always understood rosin to be a fairly : > benign : >> material - at least when not heated up - made from naturally occuring : >> pine : >> resin. Is the zinc chloride something that has been added in to make the : >> rosin suitable for some specific purpose ? : >>

: >> Arfa : >>

: >>

: >

: > Zinc Chloride is used in plumbers flux, ie Acid flux paste. Not something : > you want on or near electronics, even wires for that matter. : : You dumbasses can't even Wiki, can you? : :

: : : Traditional rosin fluxes are available in non-activated (R), mildly : activated (RMA) and activated (RA) formulations. RA and RMA fluxes contain : rosin combined with an activating agent, typically an acid, which increases : the wettability of metals to which it is applied by removing existing : oxides. The residue resulting from the use of RA flux is corrosive and must : be cleaned off the piece being soldered. RMA flux is formulated to result in : a residue which is not significantly corrosive, with cleaning being : preferred but optional. : : : I have a jar of RMA rosin flux... I assure you that it : contains zinc chloride. : __ : Steve

Naw Steve, what you have is a psychomatic hallucination induced by the power of suggestion ;-)

Reply to
Dave Moore

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:47:03 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

So, how many split personalities did the doc say that you have, retard boy?

Bwuahahahahaha!

You are one presumptuous fucktard.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:47:03 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Is that all you got, pussy boy?

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:42:46 GMT, "Jeff L" Gave us:

Tell that to the GuiTard, that not only thinks he can play, but thinks his acid flux is used in the electronics industry.

He could be a little more retarded, just not in this life.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 00:33:20 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Look, fucktard!

Rosin flux for ELECTRONICS HAS NO ZnCl in it!

YOUR CRAP, is ACID flux, and MIGHT be rosinous in nature, but in no way does that make your remark that all rosin flux has ZnCl in it true in any way shape or form.

Get a clue, dumbfuck... you were and still are WRONG!

Here, you stupid bastard. READ and weep.

MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 00:33:20 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

No, dumbfuck.

RMA (MILDLY ACTIVATED),

and Zinc Chloride, a VERY ACTIVE acid, are mutually exclusive.

Get it through your head, dipshit.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 00:41:12 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Now go read the wiki *I* posted, dipshit, and find out just how wrong you are.

Tell us, dipshit, just when did the industry start making electronic parts and circuit boards from galvanized iron?

Reply to
MassiveProng

"GassivePlong" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Then FOAD, *completely*, MassivePrawn, before I shame you again. I win. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 04:08:56 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

The only thing you have won is the award for being the most immature adult aged dipshit in Usenet.

You were wrong. You are STILL wrong, dumbfuck.

I have wiki, and it shoots down your photo, AND you wiki reference, which, btw, ALSO proves you wrong, dumbass!

Me and the rest of the world wins against your bullheaded baby bullshit, hands down.

Now, go back to slobbering on your speaker nuts.

Reply to
MassiveProng

"PrassiveMong" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

You've already admitted that my flux is rosinous... I never made a claim about electronics in any way.

I win.

It *is*, however, electronics flux of the RMA variety... 'non-corrosive' on the top of the tin. And I assure you that it kicks major flux ass, what with that touch of Zinc Chloride in it. I will also admit that it should be cleaned off after use.

If you went into an electronics shop in the '60s, you'd find one of these tins... and some poor schlobb sniffing the fumes of such. I don't know about the long-term hazards, but I *do* know, first-hand, about 'zinc headache'... and it *does* suck, bigtime. Doesn't take much, and I only got a small taste (thank FSM!). It was from welding, not soldering. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 04:22:15 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

No. You said "rosin flux has Zinc Chloride in it."

Which is totally false.

Your flux has Zinc Chloride in it.

Show me ANY rosin solder flux that has it.

Well...? I, and several others are waiting?

That's what I thought. YOU LOSE, dipshit!

You win the mature as a freshly laid turd award. That's about it

Nope. Zinc Chloride, and NON-corrosive are mutually exclusive. Can you even grasp that concept, much less that fact?

You're an idiot.

NOT for electronics, dumbfuck.

Did you even RAED the FLUX wiki page? You whimpy, pussy bastard!

NOT for use on electronic circuits, dipshit. PERIOD, as in NOT IN ANY WAY.

No, I would not, because IF I ever did, I would never visit that sad excuse for an electronics shop ever again, you retarded f*ck.

Nope. That SHIT you have their is in NO WAY anything like Proper, in wide use RMA flux at that time. You lose again.

We do. You and your stupidity are a prime example.

Bwuahahahahahahaha! That tells a lot!

You probably tried to get off on it, and lost.

You're an idiot. You are not funny, and you are about as mature as a banana nub just getting started on the tree.

I find it amazing how someone can reach your numerical age, and still not have attained adulthood.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:03:50 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

You're an idiot. What you smell is your upper lip, dipshit.

I design and work on gear that you will NEVER see.

I doubt you even know what TCP/IP means, much less IP encryption.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:03:50 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Bwuahahahahahaah! You are as bad as BAH. You two should get together!

Hahahaha... wire wrapped!

You're an Alzheimer's commercial.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:11:54 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Sure. I iterated it OVER AND OVER.

You inferred that ALL rosin flux has Zinc Chloride in it, and

A: That is NOT, nor has it ever been true. and

B: ACID flux, which is what you have, is in no way meant for use in electronic assemblies. I don't care what the retarded maker printed on the can, you stupid fucktard!

And C: There is absolutely no indication on that tin that the contents are "rosin flux".

You lose, you lose, and you lose.

Three strikes, dude... you're out!

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:11:54 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

You got the shit part right, but you didn't get any further.

You do however prove again, that women have the prerogative to change their mind at will, and men have the ability to justify anything. Just as you're are attempting to do here.

Fact is., you lose. You lost from the get-go, and you know it.

I beat you about the head with my Irish net shillelagh, and you are still reeling from it.

Sad, dude... very sad, you are.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:11:54 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Fuck you, retard boy.

Reply to
MassiveProng

"MenstrualPains" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

And *you*, with the nom-de-net 'MassivePrawn', are

*most* mature...

But you can't say *why*... you don't understand logic. Wait for your bone...

Did you just call me a Wiki reference? Just don't call me Shirley, or Late For Dinner.

Stage 5... delusions of competence. I have an example of rosin flux with ZnCl2 in it. You admit this. I win.

How you managed that without an anal reference I can't imagine, but I salute you! __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Again, you are clueless as to logic. Shall I throw him his bone? Or her... I suppose a woman could have a MassivePrawn grafted on, or strapped on... is your prawn strapped on?

Yes, it does.... it's very nice!

I just did! I also posted a Wiki describing rosin flux with 'activation', otherwise known as ZnCl2.

I showed you the flux... so I win. It's very simple! I've met the condition you just (so disengenuously) set. __ Steve . maybe the bone next time

Reply to
Stephen Cowell