Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:55:00 GMT, Lord Valve Gave us:

Not likely. Palladium PLATED perhaps. Solid palladium isn't cheap. Main use in industry is as a target for X-ray Tubes. Strike it with an electron stream, and x-ray flux is the product.

Some of those tubes are $900 each.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:55:00 GMT, Lord Valve Gave us:

You are right, they aren't in the forefront. Hammond isn't either. At least Baldwin is still in business and has a web site. I don't profess to know about them to a great degree, however.

Hell, we can do synth on our computers these days, and velocity sensitive keyboards are the shit if you get a good one. Roland and Yamaha comes to mind.

Still, he could have simply admitted error, instead of the "kiss my ass" crap, and subsequent malaria (Napoleon's version).

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:55:00 GMT, Lord Valve Gave us:

I know... I was merely lashing out at the old fart.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:55:00 GMT, Lord Valve Gave us:

Cool. I type corrected.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:55:00 GMT, Lord Valve Gave us:

And Peter Gabriel used an Amiga, and a looping recording! I am sure more was involved, but I am not that deep into the mechanical heart of music, mainly content.

That's why I suggested Gentle Giant. If you remember them, you'd likely agree that they were pretty good.

Still, that Gabriel show was one of the best concerts I have been at, Madison Sq Gardens, 1987ish.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:19:59 GMT, CompUser Gave us:

You're a bigger idiot than he is.

Well, dipshit, when "GC" first came out, they were the consumer level cheap way to get things, and they weren't very bright.

As clearly evidenced by them labeling an ACID flux as being for electronic use, when the ENTIRE world knows that it is NOT!

So it looks like you can f*ck off too, you uneducated retard.

I suggest you visit an eye doctor then, you stupid fucktard.

His claim that Zinc Chloride is in rosin flux is wrong. You need to learn that, dipshit.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:08:57 -0600, "Dave Moore" Gave us:

If that is the case, then it IS merely age and drugs as well as a bit of the power of suggestion.

There is no reason you would be "missing strings" then not so simply because you chowed on some selenium.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:16:53 +1300, Barry Lennox Gave us:

I can't believe that you're such a hermit that you didn't hear the news piece!

Hell google water death over playstation.

Radio station manager got shitcanned along with some other station employees IIRC.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:32:15 +1300, Barry Lennox Gave us:

town

great

Maybe the bottle was nitro, and the phone was her IED trigger.

Reply to
MassiveProng

Interesting, but I live a long way from Sacramento. I guess it's gonna be one helluva lawsuit.

Reply to
Barry Lennox

of

It's not all that uncommon. Google "water intoxication". A high percentage of marathoners and "Iron Man" contestants end up with water intoxication, which looks like dehydration causing them to drink more water...

--
  Keith
Reply to

We aren't stupid... your assertion is simply that, Argumentum ad Assertum, or whatever the frick it is... anyway, I got picture.

It says "Non-Corrosive Soldering Paste" on the front. It says "Radio Chemicals" on the back. The flux is a deep brown goo... and by golly, it smells just like rosin flux! And you know the best part... it works like a champ!

Sorry, a real person *always* trumps a sock, especially when the sock is so patently offensive.

How about 'non-corrosive' flux? I *urge* all of you to go to Wikipedia and read up on 'activated' fluxes... or FOAD, for all I care. I just like kicking around someone that uses "MassivePrawn" for a handle. I'll probably get to heaven for it, even though I'm an atheist. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

That's pretty funny... you prefer Baldwins to Hammonds... I'm imagining you with a Baldwin-like smirk on your face. Sort of like preferring Teen Beat magazine to a da Vinci painting, but in a smellier way. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

"FlatulentPrawn" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Why not just change the whole thing into a Baldwin? Then it could be the *best*!

MassivePrawn, I'm deeply touched that you would clue me in about my .sig. That is *indeed* a sign of true friendship... however, the sig I use has been good for many years. Perhaps it's the cocktail sauce on your monitor? __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

"RonSonic" carked:

: On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:56:52 -0600, "Dave Moore" wrote: : : >Damn, for almost a week I have been forgetting to : >post about my recent experience. So, since : >I finally remembered; : >

: > Not long ago I started noticing that when I would : >play the guitar I was missing a lot of the strings. : >Also I was doing weird stuff like bumping into : >the edges of doorways on occasion, : >instead of gracefully passing through them. : > Sometimes when standing still, it would feel like : >my feet were sliding apart in this kinda weird : >almost spinning sensation. Sometimes numbness : >in the hands. : >

: > Anyway, finally, it dawned on me that perhaps : >30 years involved in electronics with a good : >20 of them heavily involved in prototyping guitar : >amp designs, might have taken it's toll. So I did some : >research online and discovered that indeed my symptoms : >just might well be those of lead poisoning.

: So have you considered just getting a test done? There are real systems for : Dx-ing and treating that sort of thing that don't involve guessing and eating : odd weeds.

Your concern is heart warming. I'm beklept.

: : I believe it was mercury that got the hatmakers. : : Are we to blame lead for some of the blithering rage, inchoate hatreds and : shrieking, unending verbal spewage that we are subjected to around here.

So now you wanna blame lead poisoning for you and your cohorts abuses of the good people of this newsgroup calling them traitors, aiders and abbettors of terrorists, gutless cowards, dupes of liberal media etc., etc., not to mention the underhanded and offensive snide remarks about Canadians, the French, the Germans, etc., etc.

Sorry, but if MassiveProng is right, it's doubtful you'll be able to use the side effects of lead toxicity as a scapegoat.

Although I must say, your apparent memory loss of the aformentioned does make for a compelling case.

: : They say it was the lead that caused house painters to become the drunks that : they historically were. Is this refuted by the fact that so many painters are : still drunks even though the lead is gone. Does it explain more of the drinking : habits of some of our players around here. : : Get the fillings replaced with composite while you're at it. There's enough : idiocy here already. : : Ron

Er, and just how will composite in my teeth cause you to leave?:

Reply to
Dave Moore

: >: >>

: >: >> BTW, also I have a lot of dental fillings : >: >> starting to break lose, so I have to wonder : >: >> if some of the metal toxicity might also be : >: >> a result of mercury from crumbling amalgum. : >: >>

: >: >> At any rate, whatever the cause, heaping servings : >: >> of Cilantro and a supplement of selenium seem : >: >> to be keeping it in check. : >: >> I plan to look into Chlorella which also is : >: >> purported to have chelating properties. : >: >>

: >: >>

: >: >>

: >: >Mercury in teeth fillings is a known problem .......... : >: >

: >: : >: Only if they were placed there by an incompetent dentist. : >: : >: A properly done mercury/silver amalgam filling gets over 95% of the : >: mercury squoze out during placement, and the rest is pretty well : >: trapped. : >

: > So they say. : > Have you ever heard of the word Gullible? : >

: : Have you ever heard of the word retard? It is basic physics, : dipshit. : : I see you are pulling the puppy dog stalker thing mow. Fuck off, : dumbass, then DIE, of your lead poisoning, OR of your selenium binge. : : I think the latter would be a lot more amusing. They could bury you : with your guitar across your body, and your fingers glued to the : strings. You could no longer say that you missed any strings that : way. D'oh!

Every 30 seconds or so another asshole is born. But don't worry, I'm sure you can handle the competition.

Reply to
Dave Moore

: >: >> Not long ago I started noticing that when I would : >: >> play the guitar I was missing a lot of the strings. : >: >> Also I was doing weird stuff like bumping into : >: >> the edges of doorways on occasion, : >: >> instead of gracefully passing through them. : >: >> Sometimes when standing still, it would feel like : >: >> my feet were sliding apart in this kinda weird : >: >> almost spinning sensation. Sometimes numbness : >: >> in the hands. : >: >>

: >: >> Anyway, finally, it dawned on me that perhaps : >: >> 30 years involved in electronics with a good : >: >> 20 of them heavily involved in prototyping guitar : >: >> amp designs, might have taken it's toll. So I did some : >: >> research online and discovered that indeed my symptoms : >: >> just might well be those of lead poisoning. : >: >>

: >: >> To make a long story short, for the last couple : >: >> of months I've been munching mass quantities : >: >> of Cilantro, about 1 bunch/day. : >: >> Also I've been supplementing with selenium. : >: >>

: >: >> Both supposedly have chelating agents in them that : >: >> can help rid the body of metals. : >: >> Anyway, after about 2 month's of this, I am noticing : >: >> my coordination has improved immensely : >: >> when playing the guitar, and no more : >: >> weird numbness or spinning sensations as of late. : >: >>

: >: >> I suppose this is all a bit anecdotal, but thought I'd relay : >: >> my experience anyway FWIW. : >: >>

: >: >> I also read about how lead poisoning was what : >: >> made the Hat makers go mad and is where the : >: >> expression "Mad Hatter" came from. : >: >

: >: >I thought it was mercury. : >: >>

: >: >> This struck me a bit funny since my wife : >: >> and I have an animal shelter for cats. I'm : >: >> thinking about changing my screen name to : >: >> "The Mad Catter" :-) : >: >>

: >: >> BTW, also I have a lot of dental fillings : >: >> starting to break lose, so I have to wonder : >: >> if some of the metal toxicity might also be : >: >> a result of mercury from crumbling amalgum. : >: >>

: >: >> At any rate, whatever the cause, heaping servings : >: >> of Cilantro and a supplement of selenium seem : >: >> to be keeping it in check. : >: >> I plan to look into Chlorella which also is : >: >> purported to have chelating properties. : >: >

: >: >bet you smell funny, like an Indian or a Mexican ;P : >: >

: >: Cilantro dental odor is more than a little foul. Mixed with : >: cigarette odor and you almost puke. : >: : >: Riding the bus in North San Diego County is a nightmare when it is : >: full of Mexican illegals on their way "home" from working the local : >: farms. : >: : >: Nauseating even. The odor, and the fact that "home" is here. : >

: > Then there's the frijole factor to consider. : >

: : Como esta frijole? : : Which is a funny way of saying how have you been. :-]

Don't you mean how have you bean ?

Reply to
Dave Moore

"MassivePrawn" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Robin Cower! Bridge of Frights!

But at least I'm not a MassivePrawn, rubbing my prawniness in everyone's faces...

Me: picture. You: diddley.

It is an example of rosin flux that has been 'activated' via Zinc Chloride.

No, it is not... it is activated rosin flux.

Your flames lick me.... over and over. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

: >

: >Yeah, you're right, he's wrong. : >You're still an asshole. : >

: And you don't think you are, dumbfuck? : : You are male, and human, right? : : If the answer is yes, then you ARE an asshole. Get used to it, : dipshit, or is your brain so befuddled that you cannot grasp the fact : that you too are an asshole?

If I acknowledged that fact, then I wouldn't be. So , you expect me to admit it ?

Reply to
Dave Moore

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:55:52 GMT, "Stephen Cowell" Gave us:

Wouldn't want to bruise what little brains you have, boy.

Reply to
MassiveProng