Sharp LC-37HV6U, which DVI cable fits?

I'm trying to help a client over the phone with this Sharp LC-37HV6U television. He is trying to hook up his satellite box to this TV with a DVI cable. The DVI cable he purchased does not fit at the television end. I went online to see what types of DVI cables exist. I found many different arrangements here:

The manual for the TV is here:

I was unable to determine what type of cable will interface between the satellite box and the TV. The customer service agent at Sharp referred me to their technical support department whose offices have already closed for the day.

Anyone keep up with this new newfangled equipment that can tell me what type of cable is needed?

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

HDMI cable.

Reply to
Meat Plow

DVI

went

me to

the

type

I finally got through to Sharp tech support. The plug is DVI-D. This TV does not have the HDMI type plug.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA
Reply to
David Farber

Hmm ok, bad guess :)

Reply to
Meat Plow

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:51:28 -0800, "David Farber" put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW, this is my favourite site for cable and connector pinouts:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar