Digital Cable "Box" Service Mode Menu

Hi,

Recently I had trouble with my digital cable "box" (Motorola from Comcast) and a service man came. Unfortunately, I didn't see everything he did, but when I came in the room, he had a service mode menu display on the TV. I am familiar with service mode menus in televisions which require a certain sequence of key presses to access.

Does anyone know how to access the service mode menu of the Motorola digital cable box?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Power-off and menu?

Jim

--
Remove `spamtrapped` to reply off-list

http://jim-mason.fotopic.net/
Reply to
::::Jim Mason::::

For the diagnostics, turn it off, then press OK/Select within 1-2 seconds. There is nothing you can change. Just lots of technical info.

For more information, even if it's not the DVR version, you can get more info in the Wikibook:

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann