Cable box + cable feed

Hi I've been trying to send my cable box to chan 3 which works; and then get the other channels 05 to 55 to be able to be seen also. I use a splitter to split the cable signal: one goes to the cable box and other to the mixer. Then the feed from the box goes to the other side of the mixer.. but when I scan, the tv only scans chan 3..what do I need to make this happen? thnks req

Reply to
reqluq

Are you connecting the cable through a splitter then to the tele and cable box??? If so then select the rf input connected directly to the tv from the splitter and programme the channels, selecting cable mode on your tele. That way, using the tv remote you can select the memorized channels directly.

Reply to
AJ

If you read my post it says this: "I use a splitter to split the cable signal: one goes to the cable box and other to the mixer. Then the feed from the box goes to the other side of the mixer.."

No only one..That's why I would like to use a mixer/splitter to feed the tv with the cable box channels on one side and the rest of the regular cable channels channels on the other, so, when I select chan 3 on tv, I get the cable box channel and then I can select the other channels from there on up on the tv...should I be able to do this? I have to do it this way because I have a number of tvs hooked up.

so the box needs to go into a splitter and the cable feed also then out to the tvs...The splitter doesn't seem to be doing the trick. thanks req.

the cable

Reply to
reqluq

cut

You are not using the splitter as a splitter, but as an adder, this will probably cause intermodulation between stations, and cause all sorts of mayhem, the cable signals will get into the box modulator and cause trouble.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Oh my my my...listen; I bought a splitter AND something called a mixer: a CS-101UV with a power pass Hf-UV 5.80MHz on one side and SAT-1F 950.2050 on the other side, the one by itself is 5.2050MHz.Now I need to know if that should work for my purpose or do I need something else. I need to send what is on chan 3 down the same line as what's on 5 to 55 so when you put chan 3 on the tv you see the cable box and when you go to chan 6 or what ever you see what's there, without using an A/B switch. Can this be done? If so tell me what I need to make it work so I don't have to send two cables to every tv.. Thanks again req

Reply to
reqluq